Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I’m so happy that Boondocks is having Aaron Mcgruder back as the creative director. Season 4 was terrible without him.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/boondocks-reboot-aaron-mcgruder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Believe me I was surprised. I honestly thought after season 4s disaster it was dead. And then Mcgruder vanished for a bit (after Black Jesus) so yeah pleasantly surprised they decided to bring it back

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I loved Season 3 a lot but if I had to guess it was more so that it leaned back on the political issues that season 1 and 2 did. Also didn’t help that Huey was less on the front and it was more Riley and Grandad. Like Riley and Grandad are great but when the episode focuses on them it gets pretty weak. They felt a bit more flandarizations because they would basically ignore what Huey would say and then blame him for not warning them. Then when season 4 was just a about them it got worse. There was also missed opportunity with the conflict of Huey and Obama. The trailers made out to seem this would be the theme and focused on Huey dealing with his own ideals conflicting with others. Instead we just get like one episode of that and that was it.

That being said you will get a ball to the face if you didn’t like The Red Ball. :v:

That being said I guess I have optimism because when Aaron left he created Black Jesus which I thought was pretty great.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 13, 2019

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It feels like the second season was done by different writers. I liked it but the fact alot of things from Season 1 changed was just yeah... That and basically reverting to status quo Whats wrong with just living with someone who loves you? The whole oh you gotta get married did felt bullshit

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Jesus Genny D is not fuckin around with Primal

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah I dunno how to feel about it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Man that blows. Guess you can't make the mouse budge. Also what a suprise Family Guy being petty/mean and has yet to change. They did that with Bojack Horseman as well.

Also yeah that is the reason I love Bob's Burgers. It's very much the successor to Simpsons, the family very much loves each other. Bob never gets to jerk rear end level like Homer does.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 31, 2022

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I honestly wished it never was revived.

That was hell of a monkey's paw wish.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I remember how rough American Dad was at first. The first season was uh.. pretty bad. Once they embraced Roger's personas and made Stan less of a jerk rear end (granted he still is but does love his family) it became really good.

That and Steve's singing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUvHDFzk7E0

This song gets stuck in my head alot.

A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful MAJEEEEESTICCCCC...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Season 4 was really really terrible. It's kinda why i was hoping the reboot would be like Season 1 or 2. But that will never ever happen.

Ever.

Because we can never get GOOD things.

Thanks Sony.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
yeah thats uh p nuts. Only way they made money was doing double shift work

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The crappy thing is the one who started the tweet didnt wanna cause drama/cancel but twitter being twitter uses it as platform to air out their personal grief/slight against her. I have no doubt some people had bad experiences working for Viv/studio but its definitely being a little drowned out by the mob.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

SolarFire2 posted:

"I don't wanna cause drama but I'm going to make a big post in public how my former boss, whom I shall call out by name, is an abusive rear end in a top hat."

Yeah, right. No drama.

Oh it's worse, the person who tweeted it doesn't even work for Viv, just found a tumblr post of the former co worker.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

A.o.D. posted:

Working for the weekend was amazingly good. Regular show started and ended with great music montages, and it knew to use them sparingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDSISu0tmWg

It also worked great with fan made montages :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still remember the first trailer and how misleading it was. It made it seem like Bean was going to have adventure out of the castle, but then season one it's like oh she actually stays in the castle. Also the payoffs for serious plot threads have been weak, kinda shows Matt Groening is more strong at writing episodes that have don't have an ongoing plot than not.

And yeah the king pretty much steals the show. John Dimaggio will guarentee a chuckle or two.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

muscles like this! posted:

I think a big problem with Disenchantment is that it is constantly rushing through stories. It is hard to care about anything that is happening when you know that in two episodes they'll just move on to something else.

That is exactly my problem with it. Whatever big thread that finaly gets connected and next episode it is forgotten.

I bet the next season Bean is gonna be with her lesbian mermaid gf for one episode and head to back to save the castle.

Elfo annoys the poo poo out of me because he seems to reset every single time. Bean views him as a friend and he accepts it. Then episode later he's back to flirting with her again.

He is pretty much creepy rear end fry.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 31, 2022

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn. I feel the worst is they are gonna write these as tax write offs so no ever seeing them on a streaming platform ever again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn Venture Brothers manage to put Scooby Doo and they can't think of a way to write him in?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 8, 2022

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I am honestly not sure, but whatever this is I don't like it.

Fred basically being Dennis (I mean yeah he voices him :v) just does not fit. Norville is boring as poo poo and Velma's just an rear end in a top hat.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Adult animation comedy: make it look as ugly as loving possible.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
like I remember how commercials were taunting sausage party was an "adult" animation and it was the most offensive/raunchy poo poo ever.

gently caress actually writing a good story :v: just be gross easy peasy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh turns out that's not scooby.

https://twitter.com/ComicLoverMari/status/1615157978965094401?s=20&t=RmSE-ma9pvBbtuVHa-m8-Q

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 17, 2023

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ayyyy congrats!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So saw this on adultswims ig and good for them.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ERhahahah NOTHING bad ever happens to the KENNEDYS!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My hate for it was how it was just plastered for 8 hours, but then I watched the movie and i"m like.. wow.. they are actually really drat funny.

Also watching old TTG.. yeah uh.. it is rough around the edges.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God that ending left a bad ending taste in my mouth. Like way to waste my time with this drat show. Do you wanna change the goddamn status loving quo or not. Pick a goddamn lane.

edit: Echoing what the others said. Oh it wasn't his brother who hit him. Bullfuckingshit. He was being potrayed as a loving rear end in a top hat. Like good job the lovely rear end dad gets to feel his way was right. Way to go show.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Did he....did he kill his own mother?

I rewatched and That was definitely his mom. Moxie being hesitant to kill that mom in the first ep makes alooot more sense.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJM1JtZ8lmQ

The incredible work this guy does. Worth the wait honestly.

Now to wait another seven years :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
ignore all critcisms of S5. Shut up it was good.

*denies the ending ever existing* :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My biggest WTF was finding out he voiced Alpha 5 in Power Rangers and he wasn't credit under his real name for a bit and was using a pseudonym as Richard Woods.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
When the Dexter movie special aired and you find out who actually sent the robots and caused the stable time loop had me laughing my rear end off.

Like oh Dexter, even after all those years you still are a bit of a petty/jealous brother.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Critic is honestly one of my favorite series. While yeah they do quite a bit hahah he's fat jokes, it's still a hilarious rear end show.

I still quote from time to time. Arnold is not coming because YOU made him cry.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

The entire “Penguins can’t fly!” sequence is so brilliantly stupid.

It almost provided us this and god knows the internet loves using it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVXJmfd3cmg

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://youtu.be/nI9uUv6AdoY

Lois looks like Luz. P excited about this tho. Feels like forever since a Superman animated series.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
God it feels weird when I hear my name...

Also yeah wow I can see why this was in copyright hell for a while.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cugel the Clever posted:

How the gently caress am I just now discovering Helluva Boss? Just binged season 1 and it was enough to merit a Patreon subscription from my otherwise stingy pocketbook.

Only complaint I've got is that Millie's woefully underdeveloped compared to the other characters so far.

if it helps I only got lucky cuz someone retweeted the Helluva Boss Pilot and i just followed since. Otherwise yeah probably would not of heard of this series.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Considering Zaslav was chopping up animations/movies left and right, it managing to get on AS is a blessing and I thank AS for picking it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It also didn't help like anytime Bean got progress, poo poo went back south and it just pisses me off the anatognists keep getting the upper hand everytime.