Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Aggretsuko is kind of weird. That being said dreamy super smart eccentric isn't endgame. I really did not like his smug character. "Well why should I follow the rules of society and slightly tilt my head if I take a turn? That seems like an unnecessary hassle. I just can't pass the exam this way." That's one of the first things he said and I hated him since then. Also he had a real messiah complex. He wanted to get his license to replace the dummy driver, but still pay that guy. It's not like big companies would do similar things, if his AI replaces the workforce. He was like a silicon valley bro, mixed with an esoteric herbal tea farmer.

But yeah, this show does feel really regressive sometimes. Especially how it implies that chauvinist pigboss is actually really competent at his job and only tries to do his best. He's just a bit old fashioned and you shouldn't mind it too much! Also females can't focus on work whatsoever once they've fallen in love, amirite?

I do like the characters, but there are some underlining moral issues in that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently they started work on a second season last year actually

Coming 2024.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

I Am Fowl posted:

I was astonished at how precisely they hit 2007.

I can't remember anything from that distant period. Is there actually still someone alive who does?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess it's weird in the same way an alien would be confused to see us next to a monkey.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It gives money to an artist of a webcomic I've read a few times and sorta enjoyed but mostly forgotten about, so I guess it's alright in my books.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Watched season 2 of Final Space after I did not really care for season 1. It's way better, since the additional characters improve the team dynamic so much. Ashley Burch is such a great voice actor and having her and Ron Funches in there is a treat.
His character is basically an exct copy of King Shark in Harley Quinn. Trybor is a bit grating, but quite fun.

The overarching plotline feels a bit stupid and overly melodramatic, while it's basically McGuffin collection, but the character interactions makes up for it.

They better don't kill off anyone in season 3.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The third episode of Birdgirl is really quite amazing. Gillian is a great character! Mixing The devil wears prada with secret identity shenanigans is a great mix to pump out that stress.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
While the first season had it's moments, this one was remarkably uninteresting. I will forget most of this in a week. It's short, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I honestly found that one a bit forced.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Went through "Inside Job". It's a fun show with lots of stupid references. The main character is great. But gently caress her dad. Giving her that name was the first sign that he's an rear end in a top hat.
Don't trust parents of people called Reagan!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Come And See posted:

Centaurworld S2 came out today. I am going to savour it bit by bit.

Same but the opposite. Just went through. That sure was something.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And the award for "dumbest possible way to throw away your career" Goes to-!
Nah, Letitia Wight has that one clutched.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
At least most of the people in big mouth have chins.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hexmage-SA posted:

I started watching Final Space the other day. Didn't really like the first season that much, but so far season 2 seems way better, primarily because they toned down the main character's shtick a lot.
He's mellowed down by the strong supporting cast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I mostly went through season 1 because I had a long train ride and not much else to do, so I was way more lenient. I miss doing that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

While neither of these are animated, it sounds nice.
Is it mean that I want to see a story where Rob and Ryan pump heaps of money onto that team only for it to not make a lick of difference? It's so rare to see underdog stories where the underdog doesn't outperform expectations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Little Demon is animated? It says so right there.

Oh. Hmm. Okay that may be right. I don't really know how to feel about animated Audrey Plaza, before I've seen it. Her facial expressions are like 80 percent of her charm.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Madurai posted:

Two eps in to Little Demon, and it's... okay? It hasn't dug very deep for anything yet, but I'm willing to keep watching to see what it does.

Same.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Imagine thinking Spiderverse looked like poo poo. How embarrassing

Eh, it has an incredible art style, but the models and animation felt jerky. But the pure style was enough to elevate that to something good. Then again, I watched that one in cinema. I might want to give it a try on a proper monitor.

But yeah, I might play to many video games, but if there are really low slideshow framerates, where I can actually notice a pause between them I don't like it, since it just evokes a feeling of lag and graphic errors.

That effect is way more pronounced in 3d animation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Barry Convex posted:

why is Fred in a completely different art style

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1578100321477279744

anyway, at least this makes slightly more sense now that I know it's a Scooby-Doo show and not just an unrelated Mindy Kaling animated series pitch with an existing IP slapped onto it (I had heard somewhere that none of the other Mystery Inc. characters would appear, which obviously isn't the case). still not something that needs to exist, though
More Glenn Howerton is usually a good thing.
Richard Splett Shaggy sounds like a fun time.
Constance Wu as Asian Daphne sounds weirdly enticing too.

Weirdly enough, I know all these actors except Mindy Kaling. Looking it up I have seen virtually nothing with her in it. Apparently she was in that one Sunny episode where they started selling liberal tears (what got torn anyway?) to a Republican clientele, only to end up buying a Dennis Doll which spoke into their minds.
I remember her character, but not even her face...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

You've never seen The Office (US)?

I've seen like 2 episodes at one point. Didn't grip me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I mean they all are. Like I am not a big fan of family guy but I don’t understand this threads expectation that it will ever be good again l. It was never very good, it much like robot chicken could have some very funny bits and episodes. Seth is just using it as a cash waterfall so he can fund better stuff like american dad or orville

Weirdly enough, from what I heard, it's Mila Kunis' biggest source of income.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Turned off the new season of Inside Job half an episode in. Just wasn't feeling it.

I watched the first two episodes during a plane flight. It's good enough to continue.

Saw the rest of the season. That was actually really sweet. The main character with a dumb name is cool.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 18, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Nikumatic posted:

it took me a while to warm up, but i ended up really liking inside job's first season;

is this a full second run or like "season two part one"

It's eight episodes.
Netflix call those seasons parts, like P2E3. Make of that what you will.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I just learned that Glen Howerton, Sam Richardson and Constance Wu play the main cast in Velma. I'm quite intrigued by that. Thise are some good comedic voices.

I know nothing about Mindy Calling, though.

I figure that show will be cancelled and erased in the middle of the second episode and anyone who saw it by this point will be forced to undergo a lobotomy, so that Zaslav is still eligible for that sweet tax write off.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 10, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

J-Spot posted:

She is Asian. They make sure to announce it and point out the race switching the first time she appears so nobody gets confused.

I guess people don't really associate red hair with Asian people. But looking it up that actually does happen, if really rarely compared to Irish.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Saw the first two episodes of Velma. I did not hate it. If nothing else, the voices are good. Howerton seems to have fun playing Fred.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Warbird posted:

Oh you can just go nominate the new Velma show for us. We all just adore it and have multiple pages of discussion on all of aspects of the show.

That's for the 2023 thread, silly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Warbird posted:

When is the new season starting anyway? It should be pretty soon.

New season of what?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Not gonna lie, I genuinely like the Velma series by now. I'm not that into the teenage relationship drama, but the absurdity of that world and the great voice cast makes a lot of jokes land which wouldn't otherwise. And they have some real deep cuts about the Scooby lore.
I wont be sad if it gets canceled, but I do enjoy it.

But I can't tell if the writing improved, or if I just adjusted to it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

What the hell is this?!?

Nowadays you can use emoticons like letters, same as when using WhatsApp, even on SA, stealing the jobs of our homegrown emoticons people have paid money to add. I don't like this trend.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like the villain team in Unicorn: Warriors Eternal should spend less time reanimating royal pet elephants and more time trying to recruit the Warriors E by telling them about how the bad guys offer vacation time and dental plans.

Are they really the bad guys? The whole concept of overwriting a persons complete body and mind is a bit hosed up.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Megera posted:

I worked on a show called Captain Fall a couple years ago and it just came out on Netflix yesterday, which I don't have anymore. I never watched the animatics the whole way through but I thought some of the jokes were pretty good if anyone's interested in watching a really dark comedy.

Also does Netflix still refuse to show anything new on the front page?

Went through that. I liked it quite well. The members of the Fall family suck. But I like how beyond cartoonists evil the other guys are.

What did you do? Animation, writing?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Megera posted:

My proudest one is the helicopter fight sequence in the third ep and the weirdest one was the gorilla disassembly line

So were you involved with the bit about the two German henchmen convincing themselves that he is really good at standup and how the boss beat that guy up with the fist because they felt their earpieces were uncomfortable?
That might have been a highpoint of the show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I liked Ashley Burch's character. Forgot her name though. Honestly, can't remember her character arc either. But her voice acting was great.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 7, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Data Graham posted:

I'm gonna try going through it just so I can reclaim the HD space.

I'll let you know if I don't survive

Godspeed sir! Fulfill your duty in honor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, Praise Petey is legitimately funny. I had a good time watching that.

Bad snipe. Read the thorough previous post.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Warbird posted:

Oh hey, the only good Star Trek property in nearly 30 years is back. Hell yeah.

Star Trek actually exists for longer than that.

Lower Decks is the only good one period.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
What the hell? I genuinely liked the new Simpsons episode quite a bit. Am I dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man that is earie! I never watched that guy, but it popped up on my youtube feat and I'm literally about to finish the video right now.