Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Smiling Friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I gave them a shot several years ago and had pretty much the same response as you, down to the FPlus comparison. It’s not my favorite show, but it’s pretty enjoyable once you get a feel for the show’s cadence. It’s easy comedy listening for lack of a better description. I vaguely remember hearing it pitched as “a family friendly comedy podcast that talks about cum fairly regularly” at some point.

But hey, folks like what they like.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Has anyone sat down and watched Central Park? I went in blind and was pleasantly surprised with the experience.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

When the hell is Clone High season
2, Phil?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh. Huh.

https://collider.com/clone-high-reboot-details-phil-lord-chris-miller-mtv/

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I enjoyed the Weird Al episode a good bit. Hopefully they go back to the longer form stories for the next season.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I really appreciate YOLO being presented as a documentary on Aussie life. And as far as the Hotel thing, it’s ok. I thought the Boss side story thing was pretty good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Death to those that bismerch the name of Dolly.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don't follow a lot of what's going on in YOLO but I'm also not an Aussie so I think it may just be a cultural barrier. I'm pretty sure it's real drat good though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

YOLO has wrapped up and was quite good. I’m surprised they didn’t take things in a more fanatical direction but a slice of life animated documentary was a pleasant change of pace.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

There's some noise on Twitter that HBO Max is in talk to pick up the series and future seasons. Hasn't been officially confirmed at this point though.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I got around to watching that Harvey Birdman Attourney General special. Is it bad or am I crazy?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It seems Ducktales is back from its hiatus. It’s still very good, but you all know that.

I do really appreciate that in the latest episode one of the characters acknowledges the inherent weirdness and existential horror that is there being regular rear end birds, more specifically ducks, in this world. It’s just a quick little gag that isn’t called our specifically, but I appreciates it more for it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What’s better is that the joke isn’t necessarily a joke from a character perspective as the person being progressively freaked out is not a native of the duck world and isn’t a bird person.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Eh, it seems ok. I’ll give it a shot and if it’s bad it can be thrown on the Hysteria pile.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry for the FB link, but AS posted a fun little Primal crossover: https://www.facebook.com/67985126744/posts/10158617968471745

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Venture Brothers died so we could get the new Clone High.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Unfortunately, while they haven't outright started, the reboot announcement mentioned a bunch of characters when it was describing the premise of the reboot, and Gandhi wasn't among them.

It could be funny if they just wrote episodes assuming he was present and just cut to dead air/empty space every time he was on screen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I totally get why they would want to change out the VA for Gandhi for someone that isn’t a white dude, but I’d be lying I’d I said I wouldn’t be bummed on some level. Though as it’s still the same folks writing the character I bet I’d get over it quickly.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Shouldn’t he be called hammer now?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Lower Decks is real fun y’all and I don’t even particularly care about Star Trek.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I fell off liking Adventure Time somewhere around the point where Finn had his first boner and there was a whole episode where he loses his girlfriend trying to recreate the experience.

As someone with only a cursory awareness of either show, loving what?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh so it’s a Mission Hill reboot.

Point of order they were all very special episodes. And lord willing they pull the “Gandhi was actually a clone of Gary Coleman” gag to keep the character around. That said the “he’s not there and everyone acts like he is” angle is good too.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh hey, Harvey Birdman spin-off series.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I really loved the tone/vibe of Hazbin hotel but Helluva Boss lost something in the translation between ideas, I think, and lost the ethereal spookiness of HH.

I am extremely pumped for Solar Opposites S2 and Rick & Morty S5

Also the last South Park Covid special was pretty funny.

Hazbin didn’t really do anything for me, but HB has been enjoyable. You won’t catch me buying shirts of either but the latter has hit a decent flow as of late. The last episode’s animation seemed a bit choppy for some reason but it could have been an upload issue or something.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Saw a thing about the new Lower Decks season on Facebook. Looks like the first episode is out for streaming from some website or the other.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh is that intentional? I was assuming the player had poo poo the bed. I assume they ran out of time/budget and compensated accordingly.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s just so goddamn French.

Anyway that new Lorde and Miller movie on Netflix is pretty good. The 2d animation accents they use do absolutely nothing for me personally but I respect them doing it and I could see how people would like them.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

If you're posturing that as a bad thing I do not understand why.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That “201” has me even more excited than I was already.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What’s been the general reception of Jellystone? I can’t tell if it’s good or if this Twitter account posting scraps of it is showing just the greatest hits. I’m starting to think I need a HBO Max account or something.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

The new season of Lower Decks just started and remains pretty good. Hearing Riker proclaim, “This jam session has too many licks and not enough come” is really something. I’m not sure what exactly, but it’s something.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I really need to get around to finishing Bone. Was there ever a good animated adaptation of it? I vaguely recall there being some on YouTube a million years ago.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That said I am always down for a cop procedural/NCIS despite being able to more or less predict how it’s going to go down within the first 10 minutes or so.

Sam Waterson plays the same character in L&O and Grace and Frankie and I won’t hear otherwise. The same theory made me have to pause Catch Me If You Can when I finally got around to watching it recently.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 29, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Nah, hang around. I’ve been meaning to get back around to that series at some point. How are seasons 3-5? Overall good?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Speaking of that movie, what’s the deal with them just having Bart’s hog hanging out for one goof? That seemed wildly out of place.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It isn’t honestly remarkable but I had purchased the movie to watch on a band trip and it was super weird for me. Doubly so as I also bought National Lampoon’s Family Vacation for a different one never having watched the DVD version before. I had a bad track record of unintentional nudity though I doubt anyone noticed/cared.

Thank Christ I learned my lesson and went through Revenge of the Nerds first; though that one has some real bad problems outside of the occasional boob or bush.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I miss the “surreal/super school” genre. Filmore was pretty fun though I could just watch law and order I suppose.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Wasn’t there some thing in Hey Arnold about two of the adult characters having an affair or something that isn’t presented up front but is fairly easy to put together with an older perspective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I enjoyed it. I don’t consider it amazing or anything but it’s weird and French and worth a watch if you’re interested. Be aware you’re going to need to do some reading if you want to see how the story goes.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 13, 2021