Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Finally got around to watching the first Episode. Humor is fairly eh, very post-Family Guy Adult Swim stuff that's pretty tired by now plus a couple chuckles. But as a pilot, it looks great, has a pretty good story, just enough taste of a wider world, and a decent promise of emotionality to get invested in. Plus a nice style that mixes TOS Star Trek, Alien, grunge, cute and brutality, while somehow making it all cohesive. Fair to say it's one of the better First Episodes/Pilots I've seen in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Gaunab posted:

Are you talking about Final Space?

Yes, also I finished the rest of the season in like 2 days. Story is phenomenal, and the characters even grew on me. I think they finally found the comedic voice of the series, as well as Garry's character and place in it, with the last few episodes. I think it's really cool the show managed to not fall off, forgotten, after one season considering how much of a surprise it was.

Edit: I feel like Garry and his whole deal was basically a trojan horse, giving the series the perception of a regular Adult Animation comedy when it's really a semi-serious space opera. Season 1 opening Garry was pretty much Horny Space Peter Griffin, Season 2 opening is basically dumbass Han Solo. The bit in the season 1 finale where they revisit the guy who was knocked out is a pretty good encapsulation in how the show grew and allowed to evolve into something a lot more promising than the pilot/first episode.

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jul 5, 2019

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
You would think that, but The Simpsons, a show with more than a few sex and suicide jokes, is going to part of the premier lineup for Disney+. Family Guy may be more overtly raunchy, but I think it's a part if Disney's new wing of Adult content, a.k.a. their Hulu wing.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Also counterpoint:

https://twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/1206707950737219589
https://twitter.com/justin_halpern/status/1206708445879005184

(Disclaimer: Have not seen the show. If it's uncalled for, I'll see myself out)

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
It's super weird to watch a show about adults with adult-ish issues, with cursing and sex, and have it end with "Cartoon Network Studios".