Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else here watching Hazbin Hotel on Amazon Prime?

My thoughts are pretty concise. I think it sucks they didn't get confirmed for season 2 until season 1 aired. It's super obvious that they were afraid they wouldn't get a 2nd season and are running through their plot while not letting the show breath. When compared to what I've seen of Helluva Boss, this seems to very much be a "out of control" situation. I hope with season 2 they get more time to breath and explore things.

Overall, I like the show. I couldn't get into Helluva Boss because everyone was so mean and lovely, but Hazbin Hotel has the central premise of "helping sinners" and centers on a fuzzball protagonist so its more my taste. The music slaps, the characters need more time to grow, the plot is actually decent, the animation is good, and my biggest complaint is the pacing.

What do y'all think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

MokBa posted:

I watched China, IL during a time after I quit a really terrible job and decided to recuperate by getting baked for a month straight. Cannot remember a goddamn thing about the show but I had so much fun watching it.

So, I'm not the only one who quit an awful job and just spent every day I didn't have a job interview taking 10mg THC edibles?

Covok
May 27, 2013

I like that, so far, every episode of Jellstyone I've seen has at least one joke that makes me laugh really hard.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I like how the Brak show is canon to Jellystone. And, yeah, seconding the user who said they watched Jellystone because of Brak. I had watched 7 episodes apparently when the first season aired and forgot about it. Then, the brak scene ended up in my reccomended and I decided to revisit it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Not going to lie, hearing that Akira Toriyama died actually hosed with me quite a bit. Man was a legend. I have made games inspired by his work and still do. Absolute legend. Rest in peace, man.

Covok
May 27, 2013

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Speaking of Courage the Cowardly Dog. The creator put a pilot (that never went anywhere) on his youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eic4a0RSXaI. You can really tell it was made by the same guy who made Courage the Cowardly Dog.

What the gently caress was that?

Covok
May 27, 2013

They should make another season of the Venture Brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

mystes posted:

Paying to have all those actors voice act for it and then just suddenly releasing it with zero prior announcement or advertising seems pretty loving dumb to me but what do I know

They spent all the money on the cast and didn't have any money for advertising.