Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Currently watching through Final Space (it’s a Netflix show in the UK), and boy, it sure takes a right turn in Episode 6, huh?

I think I got to around episode 4 or 5 before I decided it wasn't holding my interest. Did I bow out just before it gets good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

IShallRiseAgain posted:

If I remember correctly, Cryamore is one of those Kickstarter projects that is never coming out, and the dev changed what the game was going to be mid-development.

I was dumb enough to back it. I don’t think they changed what it was going to be but it sure doesn’t seem to be coming out. I think they’re down to just one “we’re still working on this we swear!” update per year but I’ve pretty much stopped caring.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

why does the lady on meet the harts know jesus

Maybe that’s explained in the first episode. For whatever reason they started with episode 3.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Here's something that has almost no chance of being good:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1291007059048243201?s=20

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

I'm willing to give it a shot before calling it crap, but I do agree the odds are kinda against it

That’s where I’m at. It being on Comedy Central doesn’t fill me with confidence but I’m willing to see what they manage to put together. Hopefully they learn from the last revival attempt by sticking to shorts rather than 22 minute stories and try to make it something both kids and adults can enjoy.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I hope they get some decent writers for this. I liked the animation on the pilot but the script needed some punching up. Peppering every sentence with the word gently caress isn't a substitute for jokes.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

YggiDee posted:

I was never sure who the intended audience was for Classic Animaniacs. There were many, many Jerry Lewis references. There was an episode that was a parody of the documentary about the making of Apocalypse Now. Tiny Toons had a lot of similar stuff, whenever I didn't get a joke it was inevitably either 1) US politics, or 2) a 1960's television comedian.

Kids could just roll with that stuff and eventually have a fun little light bulb moment when they realize something was not original to the show. If anything those shows were a crash course in decades of pop culture I'd otherwise still know nothing about. Like I've never seen Citizen Kane but taking the common elements from Tiny Toons, The Real Ghostbusters, and The Simpsons I think I've got the gist of it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm still making my way through the new Animaniacs, since I can only do so much at a time. I didn't expect them to get rid of all of the side characters aside from Pinky and the Brain and Ralph. I think the original show had the intent of having a whole original cast like a new Looney Tunes, and they're just leaving it behind. I do like some of the bits where they totally break from the normal show style, but they're hit and miss.

There doesn't seem to be any reference to Yakko, Wakko, and Dot being from the 30s, and the show itself doesn't seem to have the dynamic of the studio trying to lock up the Warners, which is weird, since it's still in the theme song. I guess the idea of wrecking the movie studios probably didn't grab writers' attention as much because Warner Brothers itself as an independent entity is fictional these days, and it's just another victim swallowed up by megacorporations.
They're really just picking up where the old show left off. Past the initial 65 episode order they didn't do a lot with the whole studio premise, and apart from Slappy most of the other characters were dropped or extremely scaled back since they weren't really a hit with the audience.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1493654135127908354?s=20&t=lwi1Sfu0rMpP_VLXU0RR3g

I have fond childhood memories of reading all my dad's bloom county books despite not understanding a single joke.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I can see Billy West not asking for enough money. He’s like one of the top 10 most beloved and sought after voice actors in America and his website is like a 1996 Angelfire website designed by high school kids

I don't know. He did walk away from Doug for a similar reason. Disney ended up spending more money recasting both Doug and Roger than they would have if they just paid what Billy was asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Xelkelvos posted:

I thought they changed the races of the characters to match the VAs, not the other way around. And Daphne does look a little Asian, just light-skinned Asian. Is the character actually white?

She is Asian. They make sure to announce it and point out the race switching the first time she appears so nobody gets confused.