Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

drrockso20 posted:

So because I was reminded that it existed, I went and watched some of "Peepoodo & The Super gently caress Friends" and it might just be one of the most depraved shows I've ever seen, and yet it's oddly sweet at times too

Oh Yeah!
The guy who did Peepoodo also did "Lastman" which is an awesome comic and show.

It's basically french fighting anime. Starts off pretty shonen/fighty but becomes pretty dark and horrory.
Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z4yuUJ9T0I .

Here's a clip

You can watch it here (dubbed voices are horrible, watch with subtitles)
https://www.lastman.vrv.co/

Also this is by far the best episode of Peepoodo :

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Midnight Gospel feels like exactly the thing that Xavier: Renegade Angel was making fun of.
I enjoyed just watching some of the animation with some music on, the podcast audio is unbearable.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

PicklePants posted:

I wanted more of the Megahex crew too. It felt short. You really don't get a feeling of unsavory self-loathing as you do when you read the comic.

The rest of The Paloni Show! Halloween Special felt like a Spike and Mike's Twisted Animation Festival show from the early 2000's, with a bunch of uncut/unfiltered Roiland in between as the framing device. There's some cool animation! It can be hard to watch, strange, and very in your face.

Yeah pretty much this. Paloni Show was pretty mediocre (at least Justin didnt have the Palonis jerking off and making GBS threads this time). TItmouse shorts were usually superior to all the others with their animation. Otherwise a lot of them were trite and/or lazy.

Few standouts for me:

The claymation one.
The bobbing for apples one by Jamie Rodriguez (same guy who did the amazing bird kissing animation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZZPCw4nQM)

Megahex was kinda mediocre and short.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Anyone else watching Fired on Mars on HBO Max?
Stumbled onto it randomly and it's pretty good.
Show seems to be set a few years in the future and Elon Musk started a Google Campus on Mars.
The main character, Jeff, gets a job there, only to get fired a few months later, with no way really to get back home he's pretty much stuck doing grunt work and odd jobs.
It feels really similar to Severance to me.
Wasn't expecting much from the show and was pleasantly surprised that it was decent.

Trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmuoFRg2fWM

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Neeksy posted:

The only way Elon's getting anything to Mars is the shrapnel from an exploded rocket.

Just to be clear it's making fun of the guy not celebrating him.
It's not actually Elon, it's this gross looking dude who's a stand in for Elon.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Im trying to like the new Clone High but it's just not great.
I'm also really not into the three new Poochie characters.
These would be good characters to do a single episode but why has every episode so far been centered around them?
Cleo has completely disappeared from the show.
Episode 7 had promise and but never really went anywhere great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

TwoPair posted:

Oh, Fired on Mars is bad? That's a shame. Didn't look that amazing in previews but the premise seemed pretty original and I was hoping it'd be better (or at least get better with time) than initially.

Fired on Mars is surprisingly good.
I think it pretty much got better with every episode.