Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
canonically, the flintstones and the jetsons take place at the same time. theyre both part of the Culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I assumed the Flintsones were banned in Turkey since Fred is so clearly Armenian coded.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
it didn't age well but it was fairly progressive television for its time, depicting a relationship between a neanderthal man and a homo sapiens woman

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Weembles posted:

I assumed the Flintsones were banned in Turkey since Fred is so clearly Armenian coded.

no but they did ban pokemon

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Last week's lemon party was good. This week's starts with whining about Shane Gillis. I think I may be done with this show.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I love going to bars and getting into shouting matches

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Majorian posted:

This week's starts with whining about Shane Gillis.

with regard to?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

A woman at a gay bar expressed a less-than-enthusiastic opinion of him within earshot of Devan.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Majorian posted:

A woman at a gay bar expressed a less-than-enthusiastic opinion of him within earshot of Devan.

drat did Devan get kicked out of every non-gay bar in LA?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lol apparently! Keeps starting fights over the most mid "problematic" comic of all time.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the matt and shane podcast is kind of confusing. some eps are funny and then others are just riff-less "we're hanging out with an nfl receiver or some other guy that was on rogan"

i guess mid is definitely a good descriptor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shane's bit about how being a guy that "likes history" turns you into a republican is him admitting that he only really likes history as Trivia and doesn't really care about using it to understand the world.

and to be fair, it is fertile bit-mining territory. history is very funny imo.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Shane's bit about how being a guy that "likes history" turns you into a republican is him admitting that he only really likes history as Trivia and doesn't really care about using it to understand the world.

hes totally right. if you "like" History you're incredibly dad conservative coded. i don't think historians "like" history that much, they just realize its important to study

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

history is for gaywads. I like MILITARY history

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

if you "like history" the easiest thing to get your hands on are probably going to be american triumphalist pablum and endless basic cable documentaries about hitler's mystique

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
history is funny as hell. some royal fail son helping kick off hundreds of years of religious strife all because he hated his wife so much? that's funny

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

if you "like history" the easiest thing to get your hands on are probably going to be american triumphalist pablum and endless basic cable documentaries about hitler's mystique

that's what I mean I guess, like if you're really interested in understanding this stuff I think you kind of inevitably end up on the path towards Marxism because it really is the only framework that resolves all of the contradictions within that story. Whereas, if you're only interested in History in the same way you'd be interested in a fictional narrative, you don't really have to worry about resolving those contradictions. The reason things happened the way they did doesn't matter so much, because it's just a story, and things have to happen in a certain way to make a good story.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

history is funny as hell. some royal fail son helping kick off hundreds of years of religious strife all because he hated his wife so much? that's funny

absolutely

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

slave to my cravings posted:

I love going to bars and getting into shouting matches

It's the fuckin best

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Clark Nova posted:

Yeah, go to the history section of a bookstore and see what percentage of it is dedicated to WW2.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i say swears online posted:

history is for gaywads. I like MILITARY history

yup

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Eat This Glob posted:

your 2 year old probably didn't wash their feet in the toilet, so please be kinder to the kinder and reserve such language for those more deserving of it

We're potty training right now and he definitely stuck his foot in the (mercifully clean) toilet the other day, so...

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

Been loving Desert Oracle since I discovered it. Listening to Ken Layne, the voice of the desert, talk about weird stuff in the modern Mojave while I play New Vegas again.

I listened to episode during lunch and I can't remember much about it merely 2 hours later but it made me feel very calm.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

drat did Devan get kicked out of every non-gay bar in LA?

The guy who sits next to him on Hate Watch absolutely loves gay bars. Devan was probably hanging out with him.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iEeIbA6BLs&t=68s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHOSRA86qcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oydi7tAysMU

Half of his worldview is based on Dan Carlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mCUjP5wAw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heu9ZIInr-Y

He went to school for history, but... let's be real, it was for football.

If he wasn't a loving pussy and finished out at West Point, had done his Captain's and Major's courses by now, maybe he would have learned a thing or two.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 23:35 on Mar 26, 2024

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If he wasn't a loving pussy and finished out at West Point, had done his Captain's and Major's courses by now, maybe he would have learned a thing or two.
fuckin got his rear end

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

lol the guest on the new QAnonAnonymous is some whiny liberal complaining about conspiracy theories, and at one point to try to make some kind of point about liars believing the lies they tell he tells a story about how a used car salesman effortlessly ripped him off.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

fuckin got his rear end

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Gripweed posted:

The Betty and Barney Rubble alien abduction incident.

the great gazoo is real

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
jesus christ mawarannahr this was your barney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCNmW3gYEw

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fuckin got his rear end

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fuckin got his rear end

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

jesus christ mawarannahr this was your barney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWCNmW3gYEw

it is likely that the dub was different 30 years ago and I'd like to think the voices weren't quite as awful but it's the same ballpark. normal people don't sound like that; the VA is trying to sound [redacted]

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gripweed posted:

lol the guest on the new QAnonAnonymous is some whiny liberal complaining about conspiracy theories, and at one point to try to make some kind of point about liars believing the lies they tell he tells a story about how a used car salesman effortlessly ripped him off.

jake isn't a guest, he's a host

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Weembles posted:

Is Will Menaker's Barney Rubble laugh getting worse or am I just noticing it more?

It sounds incredibly forced.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
next you guys are going to me you don't like stav's laugh

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

crepeface posted:

next you guys are going to me you don't like stav's laugh

I'm fine with it but has become an issue in my marriage

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wanna visit the Mojave but I'm scared of getting bit by a scorpion.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Xaris posted:

jake isn't a guest, he's a host

fuckin got his rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I wanna visit the Mojave but I'm scared of getting bit by a scorpion.

go in the winter if you do