Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

what the gently caress is the point of an intermission in a podcast? why do i need to listen to 5 minutes of boring music in the middle of a radion war nerd episode?

Brendon Anderegg is a key part of Radio War Nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

It's for you to contemplate and process the horrors of war during, op

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

what the gently caress is the point of an intermission in a podcast? why do i need to listen to 5 minutes of boring music in the middle of a radion war nerd episode?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i think some people enjoy listening to music

that or they don't know how to pause and they appreciate a little break to use the bathroom

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dalmuti posted:

I like the hardcore history ep about the siege of munster where the stupid dude who could talk to Jesus gets his cock nailed to the city gates

that one was a banger

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

Gives you time to use the restroom and visit the concession stand

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I think its a leftover affordance from the days of radio

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mandel Brotset posted:

It gives the Radio War Nerd time to reset all the slide whistles and metal sheets he uses to create the war sound effects.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mandel Brotset posted:

Call into the podcast during the musical break and you can win tickets to the Warp Tour live on air, just say "I Heart Radio War Nerd"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
uh oh i heard the radio war nerd just bought a sybian

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
If you're a Patreon+ Platinum member that's the runout groove for you to flip over the disc and resume listening

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

oh you crazy for that one, John

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what a weird period of history where stern was on terrestrial radio just broadcasting women using a sex toy

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
now he’s on satellite radio shilling for Hillary Clinton

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

he should get her on that thing

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Who would even be stern’s market anymore? Middle aged and older dudes that haven’t changed their listening habits since the 90s?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Who would even be stern’s market anymore? Middle aged and older dudes that haven’t changed their listening habits since the 90s?

yeah aka my dad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

there are lots of those guys

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
stern ftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the radio …. ftw

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Everyone forgets how huge Howard Stern was and how dedicated his fans were.

Imagine the worst days of the cspam chap thread when everyone thought they could post their way to becoming Felix’s best friend and multiply that by a thousand.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Weembles posted:

Imagine the worst days of the cspam chap thread when everyone thought they could post their way to becoming Felix’s best friend and multiply that by a thousand.

ethering the FYM boys by implying they are a succession to the Wack Pack

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Al! posted:

DOLAN: and, uh, as you know I've had a lot of trouble with the internet here in southern Italy, so ah, and you know it's been very cold here, too. Unusually cold, in fact, and so I think I found where the internet... comes in? I suppose? But I don't quite know what to do with it and the neighbors don't seem to understand either and so my attempt at fixing it to make an online order was a big bust and it made me a little sad. Anyway, I don't know if this will be the same but the gentleman at ah ill super markado as they say said this mortadella would work

AMES, UNDOING HIS BELT: this reminds me of the time I was running from krokodil dealers in Волгоград

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Howard Stern is cumtown for olds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weembles posted:

Jim Rome listeners calling in to do roast battles against each other. I forgot the name of the event though

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

baba booey

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
wait wait dont gently caress me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dalmuti posted:

wait wait dont gently caress me

Hey Hey Don't gently caress Me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

car talk but exclusively for sybian repair

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

welcome back to Chode Talk with Suck and gently caress, the TapAss brothers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

car talk but exclusively for sybian repair

soz when it's makin' a kchunkachunk noise insteada dat tight whir, it gots dat AC wirin' switched over to DC! talk about a speed bump!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

welcome back to Chode Talk with Suck and gently caress, the TapAss brothers

alright whos the youngest person in this thread who knows this reference. fess up, you freak.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

alright whos the youngest person in this thread who knows this reference. fess up, you freak.

they've only been off the air like a decade

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Lake hoebegone and it's about murdering sex workers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

all things cumshittered

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Doc Hawkins posted:

wouldn’t be that weird, they got their own cartoon on pbs a while back

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i say swears online posted:

they've only been off the air like a decade

yes but young people weren't listening to it by then, or ever, if they were normal

Dr. Killjoy posted:

wouldn’t be that weird, they got their own cartoon on pbs a while back

wuh!

alright, i take it back.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

Jim Rome listeners calling in to do roast battles against each other. I forgot the name of the event though

The Smack-Off

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

yes but young people weren't listening to it by then, or ever, if they were normal

Nah NPR parents tend to think it’s good and appropriate for their car bound children to also listen to, god knows if was click/clack aware by age eight and I doubt I’m alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

The Smack-Off

ty they're so 2004 it hurts