Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

lobster shirt posted:

my brother came across something her father discovered in one of his graduate courses and texted me "omg did you know anna from red scares dad is a prominent computer guy"

Well what did he do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

Well what did he do

made a dumb as dirt daughter

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

by having sex? not bad for a computer guy

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

Well what did he do

enough of a bigshot to have his own wikipedia page that isnt about "my daughter is a dumb ho."

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Ok but tell me about the computer thing

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

it was Nick Burns, your company’s computer guy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

just because people with weird personality disorders have a venue to vomit out their psychoses on a semi-regular basis doesn't mean you have to expose yourself (or others via this forum) to it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tokin opposition posted:

Well what did he do

i dont know, something with math or computers. my brother is a programmer, i am not. he has a wikipedia page though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonid_Khachiyan

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

just because people with weird personality disorders have a venue to vomit out their psychoses on a semi-regular basis doesn't mean you have to expose yourself (or others via this forum) to it

this is the psychosis vomit thread though??

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

cap

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

post hole digger posted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i say swears online posted:

worth providing a periodic reminder as a public service

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

This is cspam op, if we're not supposed to laugh at weird assholes we may as well close this forum because being a politician or public figure requires a personality disorder

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Anna accepting money from Thiel to promote definitely-not-race-science about heritability, particularly of intelligence, when her father was one of the greatest Soviet mathematicians is also pretty funny.

that is pretty funny, hehe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it's a big psychosis vomit club & you ain't in it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

post hole digger posted:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

you can ignore them
Thats what I did. I've just found out she's calling herself November because I have no idea how anyone suffers through anything shes involved in.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Gorn Myson posted:

Thats what I did. I've just found out she's calling herself November because I have no idea how anyone suffers through anything shes involved in.

congrats

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

November is cool and good

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

R. Guyovich posted:

ok but have you considered that some of us may also be Armenian

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

only in the northern hemisphere

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

tokin opposition posted:

November is good on podcasts. You shouldn't take her insanity and eccentricities personally.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i dont know, something with math or computers. my brother is a programmer, i am not. he has a wikipedia page though.

Good for your brother, hear his daughter is dumb as poo poo though

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

may she be well, may she be free from harm

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The latest Well There's Your Problem is particularly bad, I couldn't get past 18:44.

I was a big fan of Franklin, I think donoteat is an interesting guy, but doing a hangout podcast with two of the more obnoxious people you could have cohost has really made it drag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrytgdlfjE

if you compare that news segment to the original Gulf Megaprojects episode 3 years ago, it's night and day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW6lg-7L7yk

It's one of the best ones in a bit with a great guest.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

https://x.com/corpseinorbit/status/1781414813286945140

ive decided to refrain from making a "which one of you was this" joke

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wait a guy set himself on fire at the trump trial?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Wait a guy set himself on fire at the trump trial?

a guy that used to post manifestos on the trueanon subreddit set himself on fire at the trump trial, yes

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKM1CCbRzi0

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Doc Hawkins posted:

https://x.com/corpseinorbit/status/1781414813286945140

ive decided to refrain from making a "which one of you was this" joke
well he couldn't have paid much attention if he decided that trump trial was where he needed to make a stand instead of trying to visit langley

also

quote:

Azzarello appeared to host a podcast with another person dedicated to actress Laura Dern called “Dern After Reading Podcast” dating back to early 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic engulfed the United States.
lmfao hosting a podcast devoated to laura dern... that might be genuinely the absolute worst premise of all time

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

a guy that used to post manifestos on the trueanon subreddit set himself on fire at the trump trial, yes

Were they good manifestos or nah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

nah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

lmfao hosting a podcast devoated to laura dern... that might be genuinely the absolute worst premise of all time

welcome to the newest edition of One Stop Hopp, Hollywood's biggest Dennis Hopper podcast

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

it was def a curveball that so much of it was about the Simpsons but ideologically an absolute mess

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maaaarge, the FBI found out about my post-woke period

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Maaarge, where do we keep the gas and matches?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it was def a curveball that so much of it was about the Simpsons

hmm.... suspicious... has anyone seen the immolator and pablo nergigante at the same bbq??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

homer, I don't want you hanging around that Thich Quang Duc fellow, he's a bad influence