Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I'm reading a cool rear end scifi book about a robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol at Liz thinking the USA was the first place ever with free university

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

tokin opposition posted:

I'm reading a cool rear end scifi book about a robot

post the book op

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I have to say I find Alex hilarious on Chapo. He's definitely more engaged and has a sharper wit than Felix has been lately. The biggest problem with him is that funny isn't what the show needs to replace Matt.

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Apr 30, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Saman posted:

post the book op

deadjb
Aug 11, 2002

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if anyone has not listened to it, the early chapo episode (featuring alex nichols) where they review the extremly stupid movie crash is very funny

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Dokapon Findom posted:

Did Matt Christman ever talk in depth about the Taiping Rebellion

He did an Inebriated Past episode on it about 2 years ago

Edit: it was 651 - The Inebriated Past 12: Jesus’ Brother (8/4/22)

TheIllestVillain has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Apr 30, 2024

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mawarannahr posted:

what're some normal podcasts you listen to? this evening i listened to "you're wrong about..." George Michael episode. I've listened to maybe 10 eps, previously have heard her Chris mccandless, Martha Stewart, dyatlov pass episodes among others. feels good to be normal.

Yeah, I listen to all those Michael Hobbs podcasts. "If Books Could Kill" is fun, and "Maintenance Phase" is alright even though his co-host really edges up to the "Healthy at Any Size, also it's violence to tell me my cholesterol levels" line. "You're Wrong About" fell off a bit when he left, but it's still decent.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

what're some normal podcasts you listen to? this evening i listened to "you're wrong about..." George Michael episode. I've listened to maybe 10 eps, previously have heard her Chris mccandless, Martha Stewart, dyatlov pass episodes among others. feels good to be normal.

doughbyos and yks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

doughboys did have a gusano guest on though that talked about how cuba was bad and tyhat if you go there you should rent an airbnb instead of giving hte evil government money

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

doughboys did have a gusano guest on though that talked about how cuba was bad and tyhat if you go there you should rent an airbnb instead of giving hte evil government money

lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think the most normal podcast i listen to is radio war nerd

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

jake flores is cuban???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i think the most normal podcast i listen to is radio war nerd

the rapist putin-kissing podcast??

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

If anyone wants to spend four hours watching some history accompanied by stock footage and then the rest of the day mentally appending sad piano music to the end of every news story they hear, the video version of the Egypt Fall of Civilizations podcast is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKej05RgsY

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

doughbyos and yks

jf and db are my favorite idiots

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?id=100078878198203&story_fbid=425061580133112

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Got my Truanon Jan 6th boardgame in the mail today

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I have to say I find Alex hilarious on Chapo. He's definitely more engaged and has a sharper wit than Felix has been lately. The biggest problem with him is that funny isn't what the show needs to replace Matt.

He's always been one of the better guests on the show IMO. Probably the best "new permanent host candidate." The one other kinda nice "side effect" to Matt being off the show is that it seems to have brought Amber back pretty often. Even though I don't like Amber as much as a lot of other people in this thread, she's still really good on the show and brings something different to it (if anything, it seems like her long absence from the show made things a bit more interesting, because there were times when she seemed to have opinions that were unexpected or surprising to Will/Felix).

I think the main niche Chapo fills for me (that it definitely did much better with Matt but is still pretty decent about) is just being the "commenting on recent events + humor" podcast that is the most relaxing to listen to. When I want to lay down and relax in the evening, I'll be happiest if there's some new Chapo episode where they're just commenting on poo poo and doing reading series/movie reviews.

Most other podcasts I've listened to are either much more substantive (like TrueAnon, which usually contains a lot of actual information/research) and the sort of thing I need to be in the right mindset to want to listen to, or they do something similar to Chapo but worse.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KomradeX posted:

Got my Truanon Jan 6th boardgame in the mail today

Hell yeah!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i'll have what HE's having! Hello!!!!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

edward penishands 2 lookin real good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm listening to NoClip which seems like the spiritual successor to Waypoint. This episode is on Fallout 76, which is good. They are saying it is good, which is good. But they say it is good for the wrong reasons and now I'm mad.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Saman posted:

post the book op

Crystal Society by Max Harms

(I'm 60% sure it's a pen name)

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you’re not telling the whole story

she’s been a guest twice

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

whenever I dare to listen to TF, one of them is always on vacation somewhere. must be nice ....

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mawarannahr posted:

whenever I dare to listen to TF, one of them is always on vacation somewhere. must be nice ....

livin' the podcaster dream. 2 weeks in bali, 1 hour recording a podcast, then another 2 weeks in dunedin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
lmfao at lemonparty losing all their ads and now resorting to hucking blowjob machine ads

incredible

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
thats a way better pitch at getting me to listen to lemonparty than before

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Funny gag at the end of the most recent Chapo ep. I went along with the bit but I got to say the jangling of my work keys and the thrum of a leaky HVAC system did not make for a good melody.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

they even lost bluechew lol

much like cumtown, maybe even moreso, its an acquired taste

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Homeless Friend posted:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Xaris posted:

what in the world did they do? pretty sure blue chew kept cumtown after they did the Thursday Boots read

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yadoppsi posted:

Funny gag at the end of the most recent Chapo ep. I went along with the bit but I got to say the jangling of my work keys and the thrum of a leaky HVAC system did not make for a good melody.

That was inspired

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

i like parts of it but anything that is bitching about other LA comics is an instant tune out for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Xaris posted:

lmfao at lemonparty losing all their ads and now resorting to hucking blowjob machine ads

incredible

*Solid Snake voice* blowjob machine?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i ain't sticking my dick in anything with a motor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Jaaane, stop this crazy thiiing!!!