Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fentry posted:

Knowledge Fight
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/

Keep up with what Alex Jones and the most insane people in the world are up to without destroying your brain actually listening to their shows. They examine Alex Jones episodes and debunk all of his bullshit, currently the episodes split between modern day and episodes from the immediate aftermath of Sandy Hook to see how much legally actionable poo poo Alex said (spoiler alert: so much legally actionable poo poo). Also occasionally does episodes on lesser known conspiracy nuts.

You will be disappointed in alex jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I've been listening to Knowledge Fight from the beginning and am about 3 months into the podcast, do the hosts ever become less decorum poisoned, need to find the truth in the middle, white knights of Alex Jones against the evil MMS?

Because jesus I just listened to 2 and a half hours of Dan losing his poo poo because media matters misrepresented Lex Jones and how dare they undermine Dan's incredibly important and the right way to deal with Alex jones!

And lmao at them being against Alex getting banned from any sort of streaming service or social media because it is a dangerous precedent! and it might hurt the podcast

I don't think they ever thought he was a good guy, but currently they both think that he's an awful human being and deserves everything coming to him. Dan is a straight up conspiracy researcher, he's an academic at heart even though he's never been in it. I think in a better world he'd be writing really interesting books about fringe theories and how they tie together in ways you might not think, but this is the world we live in and he does a podcast out of his apartment about a lovely radio host whos going out of business. He's very careful about not taking things out of context and building a broader framework for what Alex is saying and why it's terrible; it's not that he thinks the media is being mean to Alex, his criticism tends to be "no, listen, it's worse."

He also listens to... a lot of Alex Jones. He also listened to Alex Jones before, and I feel like part of him wants to like the guy. KF is interesting to me because of how sad it reveals Alex to be, and how it shows not just a hateful and cruel man, but a bitter, lonely, and deeply stupid one. But yes, eventually Dan learns, and both of them are close to full CSPAM nowadays.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MizPiz posted:

As much of a dumbass as he is, I really don't get why people act like he's another Tucker Carlson. As far as I can tell, a big reason why so many right wing shitheads get on his show is because they actually try to.

He has a bunch of people on his show that are deeply vile and he doesn't really push back on them. People interpret this as intentional collaboration rather than being an incredible dolt.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I forget who wrote a book that was called "The Country and The Colony" it was probably some MSNBC dude or something, but I think of that title every time I see poo poo like this. I live in WNY, and despite us fuckin' ruining the lake years and years ago we now take really good care of our water table and a whole river being on a "no touch" advisory because of some bullshit some company did would get them sued into the ground, and it'd probably make more than local news. People would care that it was happening.

Down there, a dem senator will step in to make sure you don't take any damages. Cause down there doesn't matter to people aside from what can be extracted from it and sold.