Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nothus posted:

I'm going to nitpick it up like a big nerd, but I can't complain too much when someone blows millions of dollars on one of my favorite scifi franchises

It's so loving bad but I'm just happy we got Dune memes. The problem with every Dune movie is that the most filmable stuff is boring and the best parts of the book are insanely unfilmable. Also everyone involved with Dune adaptations are cowards for not even trying after book 2. Supposedly Villeneuve eventually will but you know he won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

dune but with a donnie darko director's cut style edit where every time a new name or term comes up the movie pauses to read you articles from dunepedia with helpful diagrams

This but unironically

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

i say swears online posted:

it's funny that he's epic bacon now because I've thought of him as past his prime for nearly fifteen years

Dan Carlin and Mike Duncan doing a goofus and gallant routine has been funny and unsurprising

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The latest Well There's Your Problem is particularly bad, I couldn't get past 18:44.

I was a big fan of Franklin, I think donoteat is an interesting guy, but doing a hangout podcast with two of the more obnoxious people you could have cohost has really made it drag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrytgdlfjE

if you compare that news segment to the original Gulf Megaprojects episode 3 years ago, it's night and day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW6lg-7L7yk

It's one of the best ones in a bit with a great guest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Eh. When I was 20, I was anti war and extremely skeptical of the "Global War on Terror". Hated the Patriot Act and was never for the Iraq War, even when most of the "adults in the room" of 2003 were for it.

At 40, I'm still anti war and extremely skeptical of the Ukraine war and the saber rattling we've been doing with China. Despise the reauthorization of Section 702 and was against Israel's genocidal actions in Gaza from the beginning, even when most of the "adults in the room" of 2023 were for it.

The main differences between now and twenty years ago are that I'm older, much more cynical, and much more left wing (definitely not the DnD style VBNMW type I was in my young adulthood). I had the benefit of a relatively stable and happy '90s childhood, though, so god only knows what commies Zoomers will be when they're our age.

Yeah but for everyone of you there's now five millennials who were the same and are now blue maga

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It was like half a minute on how it kind of sucked that Elon took the starlink access because he's capricious and dumb because of a joke one of the other hosts made.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Franklin is as sleep inducing as every other solo droning podcast. I love the subject but zzzzz

Gumball Gumption has issued a correction as of 20:08 on May 4, 2024

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Durf posted:

Yeah but I think both of these were intended. Using a Let's Play as a trojan horse for lectures on urban planning was a brilliant gimmick

Ideally all college lectures would have one or two funny little guys chiming in. One person talking forever is still boring

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just listen to podcasts with hosts I like.

Like WTYP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

I refuse to believe they didn't hire an actor for the live show

That, or someone hosed with donoteat's sliders in Create a Podcaster, maxing them out and changing him out of the default engineer outfit.

You sure do hate these people in a really normal way