Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
only podcast i really listen to right now is Adam Savage's "Still Untitled" which is just a weekly "I'm Adam Savage and here's the cool poo poo I'm doing" thing, which goes into his projects and philosophy and also media (comic book, scifi, film, etc)
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/still-untitled-the-adam-savage-project/id586730504

I'm also listening to Philosophize This! which is a history of western Philosophy starting from the pre-Socratics, very good background knowledge absorption

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/philosophize-this/id659155419

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i should probably give Don & Tom a try just because it's so incredibly within my wheelhouse as a mixed up insane communist shitlord

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
just doing a drive by to say i got back into Death/Corner and its still the best thing going, who is even talking about this poo poo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Adam and Nick sounded like addicts that relapsed when they were just riffing movie titles about Indian folk for a half hour

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Brace Friedlander

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Started listening to age of napoleon and probably found my next great gaming binge podcast, excellent quality and presentation

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

The Cabin episodes of Cumtown and their consequences…

that stretch was so funny to listen to for the first time binging grim dawn, it was like a 10 hour fugue of coke and riffing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ash Crimson posted:

She's full anti trans lmao, all of these weirdos flirting with Conservatism are, glenn greenwald, shoeinhead, etc

it's where the slush money will be during campaign season, the GOP is all in on the anti woke / transgender groomers insanity, it has tapped a nerve in reactionaries not seen in a while

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Christman is a long time favorite even before chapo on the joke grind twitter, and his work with Michael judge is rad, hope he has a strong recovery, my father is a stroke survivor the poo poo sucks

also he wrote That Tweet which was a nicely spearfished bit of zeitgeist

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so many deranged weirdos showing their rear end on the subject of a comedian/thinker lefty guy getting ill

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
bluesky has so many old villains being normal

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm listening to one right now :unsmigghh:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
o wow, anthony fantano

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Maybe now wasn’t the best time to start Transmissions from Jonestown.

it's pretty scouring

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
so funny to hear Nick and Adam come back to life the minute they can start doing fat jokes about Amy Schumer

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

👁

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the mods had a few rowdy threads and rather than corral discussion and whack a mole, they just blanket ban all discussion

SA staff are really hurting for some black boots

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol

quote:

In a 2015 blog post, Portnoy said "I am voting for Donald Trump. I don't care if he's a joke. I don't care if he's racist. I don't care if he's sexist. I don't care about any of it. I hope he stays in the race and I hope he wins. Why? Because I love the fact that he is making other politicians squirm. I love the fact he says poo poo nobody else will say, regardless of how ridiculous it is."

Portnoy criticized the 2022 Dobbs v. Jackson decision by the Supreme Court, which overturned Roe v. Wade.[20] Portnoy said: "To me, this is just pure insanity, pure insanity. We are going backwards in time. We are literally going backwards in time! It makes no sense how anybody thinks it’s their right to tell a woman what to do with her body."

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DiscountDildos posted:

I'll set the over/under on how many abortions portnoy has paid for at 14.5

that implies way more sex for stoolPOTUS than anyone would have thought possible

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
guy who thinks ego and it's own is about literal ghosts

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Nick accusing Adam of starting the war in Gaza to undermine his bit is the hardest belly laugh i've had in awhile

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
s/o kirbykhan or someone who mentioned the dancing R and gave the idea lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dokapon Findom posted:

Amy Schumer is unfunny

that's treason Johnny

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
poor Adam had a killer line and Nick gave him nothing, reminds me of the old Ron & Fez dynamic of Ron stonefacing Fez lines

"she could hide people, she could hide people behind her"
"like one of those birds that lives on a rhino's back"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dokapon Findom posted:

Smarxist I see you howlin down there but I never click your post

i'm normal now and just make jokes, take me off ignore coward

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Shapiro would never, he'd get housed from the river to the sea, and he's a smart enough worm to know that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
latest Death Corner is fire

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...re_you_live.mp3

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

he's been on fire for awhile now. the previous one was really good

glad he's mostly got over his withdrawls and illnesses. MSJ is probably my favorite pod guy of all time

same, his empathy and pathos for the subjects he tackles bleeds through every word, and his framework for viewing the current mat/con seems completely unassailably logical and instructive, like i've been saying for years we need someone to pin down and create that for the west in the 21st century and he might be the guy with the ideas or at least the sparks of them, all the fourth reich poo poo and contextual connective tissue is super important

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
whom amongst us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy