Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Former DILF posted:

She replied, it’s actually her and we’re catching up atm

thanks for y th he update. please get back to us so I can move on with my day. I met Richard Wolff once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

cool dance moves posted:

Go for it! Theres an ottoman history podcast that talks about stuff like mustache culture in the ottoman middle east, maybe listening to a couple of episodes cwould give you some extra guidance if you want!

E: somewhat related, is there a good podcast on iran in the 19th-20th centuries? The Lions Led by Donkeys episodes on the Iran-Iraq War got me kind of interested

what’s the ottoman podcast called?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

gh0stpinballa posted:

see i gave a few episodes of trash future a listen and it was quite obvious they just recycle takes theyve heard on that week's chapo and parrot whatever words and turns of phrase have gone viral on twitter that week instead of having jokes. it was in the wake of one of them telling a disabled person to kill themselves because she sublets a room to a friend and once had to kick a rapist out of her house to protect her pals. it was just many levels of hosed up.

you may have hit them on a bad week, maybe once or twice I heard something from the same week’s chapo but they’re smarter and sexier and funnier and more cspam. a lot of the times chapo will report on something they’ve covered a week or two earlier. their guest episodes and episodes around recent events in Britain, the tech industry, and finance are a lot more interesting than discussions on Harry Potter and the white fragility. I’ve no idea what you’re talking about btw is this recent?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pulcinella posted:

Looking it up, is this just Justin.tv (pre-Twitch), Truman Show, that-one-idea-that-everyone-had-about-reality-tv but in book form? Sounds incredibly banal and boring but I guess it sold really well.

Also Matt is completely right about Obama. Just the pinnacle of Liberal ladder climbing. Always have to keeping padding your resumé for the next thing, even after you’ve been president.

no. you might not be the first to compare it to Truman show but Justin.tv? lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Jen Psaki was on Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me just the other week.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

is that guest on trueanon back on heroin since getting out of jail? dude sounded like he was nodding the whole episode.

I listened in the shower and had to adjust the volume to hear, but I thought it was just their tone of voice , FWIW.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

some plague rats posted:

Why are you listening to podcasts in the shower

Too messy otherwise.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Eustace posted:

Do you think Im going to allow myself to be alone with my own thoughts for even 1 second?

Pretty much. As soon as I get out of the shower, I switch it over to broadcast on the network of speakers dotting my apartment., The sickest thing I do, though, is listening to NPR first thing I wake up and as I work. The rage adds oomph to an otherwise featureless day of WFH

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

hosed up to listen to podcasts in the shower when modern iPhones are waterproof enough that you can watch YouTube fairly easily in the shower given a shelf not in the direct path of the water

I hate video of all kinds thanks to a lifetime of 56k, keep your tubes away. I think video has had a bad influence on this world and I will call the members of the MPEG to account after the revolution.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Finicums Wake posted:

that's what i'm saying: the system can't work, and this is obvious because a "trustless" system does not and will never exist. it is a myth.

but, if you told that to a technolibertarian cryptodweeb, they'd scoff at you. the other thing i'm trying to say is that, for purely technical reasons their dream is unachievable as well. for reasons that even these technolobertarian dweebs would be forced to reckon with, their ideology is flawed

on the myth of trustlessness
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1242&context=mttlr

sounds like it would be a waste of time for them to devote any more time to that since it’s a myth and hulkshit

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

xtal posted:

I only just learned about NFT, what's NPR?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
part of being a good friend to your friends is just listening, even if they're like broken records sometimes, but you deal with it because you love them anyway.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

some plague rats posted:

This dude fucks, unlike Hasan, who is volcel or some poo poo. Dudes like that reach a point where they cease to be regular people and are like michelangelos David walking around where you see em and its like I can appreciate the aesthetic perfection but I do not want to have sex with it whereas you see any picture of stav and you know that man is a walking good vibe who is dtf

this is the real horseshoe theory

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
with an income approaching the average chapo listener’s, you’d think bob evans would have grown up with access to the expensive education and social situations without which it is impossible to decipher the unending barrage of snobbish quips from menaker et al.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think ambers writing a book or recovering from writing a book

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Smythe posted:

i wish i could hang out with the chapo boys they were just a couple miles from me and yet..... my sa posting gravitas means nothing ....

in taintrunning voice: “Hey, you’re Felix, right? Funny I would run into you here, at the DSA meeting! Where are you going??”

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Trabisnikof posted:

sure was real lucky that one of the terrorists' passports just landed unharmed in the street

we live in a world with people who believe this smdh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Trabisnikof posted:

Legit tho, imagine if Osama had gone with the original plan:

But nope, it got McKinsey MBA’ed into a cost effiency minimal viable product instead

oh no! not the Columbia Center/BoFA tower by Martin Selig. truly a beaut

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I came home from school like 10 minutes after the first plane
and turned on the tv. it was the most incredible thing I ever saw. i phoned my parents to let them know but they thought i was making poo poo up and got a bit mad.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

tokin opposition posted:

PMC means "rear end in a top hat who makes more than you with a bullshit job" and any attempt to use it beyond an insult is a waste of time. if you want theory read theory, internet bullshit is internet bullshit alone.

it’s not internet bullshit and it is theory, even if it’s a bullshit theory. I don’t subscribe to it but it’s not something that will get you Laughed Out or Academia

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mark immune posted:

listening to Talking Simpsons w/ virgil and matt, virgil is one of those absolute creeps that pronounces "meta" as "MAY-tuh".

Imprison anyone who says ˈdātə or ˈdätə

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gripweed posted:

Are you sitting backwards on the toilet? That's the more efficient way to do it.

This is very unsettling.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

tokin opposition posted:

7H3 1NDU57r141 r3V01U710N 4ND 175 C0N53QU3NC35 H4V3 833N 4 D154573r F0r 7H3 HUM4N r4C3 7H3Y H4V3 6r3471Y 1NCr3453D 7H3 11F33XP3C74NCY 0F 7H053 0F U5 WH0 11V3 1N 4DV4NC3D C0UN7r135 8U7 7H3Y H4V3 D35748111Z3D 50C137Y H4V3 M4D3 11F3 UNFU1F1111N6 H4V3 5U8J3C73D HUM4N 831N65 70 1ND16N17135 H4V3 13D 70 W1D35Pr34D P5YCH01061C41 5UFF3r1N6 1N 7H3 7H1rD W0r1D 70 PHY51C41 5UFF3r1N6 45 W311 4ND H4V3 1NF11C73D 53V3r3 D4M463 0N 7H3 N47Ur41 W0r1D 7H3 C0N71NU3D D3V310PM3N7 0F 73CHN0106Y W111 W0r53N 7H3 517U4710N 17 W111 C3r741N1Y 5U8J3C7 HUM4N 831N65 70 6r3473r 1ND16N17135 4ND 1NF11C7 6r3473r D4M463 0N 7H3 N47Ur41 W0r1D 17 W111 Pr08481Y 134D 70 6r3473r 50C141 D15rUP710N 4ND P5YCH01061C41 5UFF3r1N6 4ND 17 M4Y 134D 70 1NCr3453D PHY51C41 5UFF3r1N6 3V3N 1N 4DV4NC3D C0UN7r135

:)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the chapos are constitutionally bound to implement the orders of Bernie Sanders, who didn’t lend his support until the last weeks. it’s actually their fiduciary duty to the DSA.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Crack pinging yourself stupid is a common goon trait.

manic episodes leads to brain damage in bipolar disorder. the excited delirium state of crack pinging almost certainly causes irreversible harm that gets worse with each new episode.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

But he says gently caress a lot! Like one of the cool kids who doesn’t care about your rules, man

and he listens to Radiohead! certainly the most interesting guy in the room and usually the smartest by A LOT.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

chapo is so liberal it’s off the chart

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Gorn Myson posted:

Rania Khalek is a babe

she does the lords work cause my dad and his friends love to share her stories on their boomer dude group chats and a few of them learn a thing or two.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
EMTs probably go through pockets a lot

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
been thinking of cigarettes a lot lately after being off them since 2016… i like the action of drawing stuff into my lungs a lot and might hit the weed vape more often just because of that. should i get into juuling!!?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I’m bored and really close to getting a juul next time I go out. I used to be such a monster at getting stuff done with a pack of camel lights and four coke lights a day. maybe I can get poo poo done for once.

I’m going to throw up, aren’t I?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dreylad posted:

it's hilarious how every person on a panel show is oxbridge educated and if you check their wikipedia page they went to some obscure independent school for the little lords of the realm

but enough about TRASHFUTURE,

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
this guy can blend in anywhere

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
suicidal lady has a remarkably not terrible COVID take for a Democrat https://twitter.com/abbybroyles/status/1482123425179213828?s=21

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Smythe posted:

what was it

You guys win. I’ll just kill myself.

— Abby Broyles (@abbybroyles) March 2, 2022

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
is mechanical freak any good?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Bip Roberts posted:

I had a friend in college who got dreads and I had to stop being friends with them because they smelled too bad, I think they went to Harvard law after graduation lol

my persian cousin had dreads and he works trading steel and iron on paper at an office in Chicago. rip

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

selec posted:

going to make a podcast that comes out at 4x speed so you have to listen at .25 for it to sound normal

I’m going to make a podcast that comes out on 5 CDs every week that you need to mix together IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’ve never been to a live podcast so maybe they’re fine in person but they really don’t work at all on the phone

I went to a live chapo in spring 2018 and i really cannot recommend the experience. it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t good, and anything else including watching TV would have been a better time spent.