Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

alright, this can stay, as this is a catch-all for good podcasts

that being said, Trillbillies owns and I'm going to stan for Serf's podcast, Illennials, which, while it derives a lot of its content from C-SPAM, is a pretty good listen

edit: also put Street Fight in the OP good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh yeah, how could I forget? Gunshow Poophole and WampaLord's THE WORST WING should belong here as well, as they dissect the worst loving show ever made

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

dont forgot Grunting Caliban's Power Hour! hosted by yours truly

what's the latest topic you saw on?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

last pod i ranked the world's most powerful fighters

ah, Goku vs. Akuma. that's a tough one. I have to say Goku.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

citations needed is sometimes good but sometimes theyre just gayass nerds

the point is to be a nerd about the news, goddamn :cripes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

loving shut up, this is a thread for all podcasts, go snipe in the Chapo thread in RGD or something, sheesh

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

shut the gently caress up, stop it, don't ruin this thread

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I'm at the Chapo show in Dublin and it's the first time I've seen a queue for the men's room.

is there Buckfast in Dublin?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

morally adept posted:

I finally subscribed to chapo, became a grey wolf, yadda yadda etc. I didn't start listening until sometime in 2017 so I'm a bit behind. Which episodes are a must listen?

I highly recommend any and all episodes about Aaron Sorkin and any time they tackle a hideously bad political movie; the one about horses comes to mind

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ace of Baes posted:

you should listen to e1 if you don't, a lot of eps are way funnier than anything else out there

echoing this, also I highly recommend The F-Plus if you want to listen to something funny as all hell

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

ballin' out super is nominally leftist and should not be banned from this thread

they have promised to cover the Red Ribbon Army saga in the future, if they decide to dive into classic Dragon Ball

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Purr Objectives posted:

glad I’m not the only one who laughed so hard they cried at this.

https://twitter.com/soyrulezokay/status/1139616915675127808?s=21

Jesus Christ libs are dumb

their bit about Robert Byrd saying "barbaric" over and over again nearly killed me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the newest Trillbillies premium was really good, can't wait to hear more from the Big Dogs about a wide array of topics covering rappers

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH Chapo spreading that Millennium Challenge bullshit again!

Matt correctly pointed out that van Ripper cheated a bit, but not to the extent he cheated

the best analogy I could come up with was an EVE Online comparison where you cram on battleship-sized micro warp drives onto your tiny rear end little frigate

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

I liked the recent Citations Needed about vegans and animal rights, but when the second guest started talking about animality and white supremacy being zooilogical I was lost. That interview went from introductory to jargon heavy really quick. Is this what I sound like to people when I talk about Marxism and class conflict without defining my terms first every time?

you could run a quick dumb guy test on the term

zoo + illogical = zooillogical, so it must mean that it defies the natural order

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a reckoning is surely brewing

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

in this hand, you see the perils of fame, in which anyone feels entitled to speak with you at any time about any grievance big or small

and in this hand, you'll see a clean and empty palm, because who gives a poo poo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A Russian troll farm posted:

The E1 episode where it's the pl;ane's black box was good

you're in for quite a treat this week :dudsmile:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

no seriously, listen to the new E1 episode, it's a two-parter to the Black Box episode and it owns

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

take it to the Chapo thread in RGD you weirdos and freaks

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

WampaLord posted:

They could have easily booked either him or the teens for an interview and gotten him over the donation threshold

it's an incredibly bad idea to reward behavior like this; a Pandora's Box from which every fan spews forth in a endless parade of increasing shenanigans for host impressions

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i say swears online posted:

we all know eventually some drama is going to break the brooklyn podcast world into factions

Brooklyn will drown in a sea of flame wars

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not in on the joke and I don't really care to get in on it, so whatever

more power to whoever wants to break their brain trying to get what this is about

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

let Brooklyn drown in a sea of flame wars

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Farm Frenzy posted:

the funniest part of girls chat is the moment about five minutes into every 2hr+ episode where the hosts reveal taht they didnt plan or prepare anything at all and start forcing remarks out of the guests with awkward silence

Brooklyn will drown in a sea of flame wars

also I have to listen to this

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm just aghast that 850,000+ people voted on that poll

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

felix gets owned by children in video games, don't worship false idols folks

he just has to suck it up and admit that his best role in a game like that is as support

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

They should switch to Overwatch and have Felix main Mercy

too cruel, let him be Lucio so at least he can shoot poo poo and style

Mercy is too cruel for everyone, I said as a person with 2000+ hours as a TF2 Medic

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

at least the medic had a gun with bullet drop, you could sorta have fun with it and go killing to piss people off

if a Heavy's in your face, you can kill them, 15 per needle, 40 in the clip

the fun part is being able to run backwards and guide your needles to them and kill assholes as they chase after you

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

zegermans posted:

I bet Amber's a terf because she thinks trans issues are too woke

:cripes:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

maybe I'm in the denial phase of grieving, but I don't think Amber is a TERF

she has very hosed up friends, that's for sure, but she herself can't be that hosed up

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

doing lines of speed like a true prole

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Is Nima Shirazi living in NYC because thats the only podcaster I'd miss off the top of my head

protect the Citation boys

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

A John Dolan-themed escape room in which you must exit an over-designed bathroom stall with the assistance of someone standing directly outside

sort of like Keep Talking and No One Explodes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*shares MP3 folder on Soulseek* "hey, uh, why are you downloading that? I just got it from you, didn't you already have this"

"getting my file back, motherfucker" :commissar:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm not put off by his gimmick of being the perpetual little brother, but I can see why it would get grating

the whole him and David doing these "yeah I'm leaving now" skits way too often is what gets to me

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Somebody in the Dollop thread pointed out that every episode they do about the first time a woman did a thing, they do the exact same riff. *olde timey stentorian voice* "How can she do the thing?! She's a woman! Where's her penis?!"

it's pretty much this for every episode, forever

"oh, *demure voice* well what about this *demure voice more* oh no *demure voice encroaching* nah I'm going to leave now *demure voice demanding* yeah can I l leave now *demure voice loudest* yeah I'm gone now *demure voice shouting*"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Even if you knew Adam personally, it would still be embarrassing as gently caress that you thought you had some kind of responsibility to pay for and listen to his girlfriends podcast

meanwhile, VanderPod goes unlistened by literally everyone

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

yeah they haven't put out an episode in months

I guess the season ended? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

can doubly recommend Radio War Nerd, it's deeply informative and Dolan does his best to present what is being spoken through folks who have been to places, currently, or the research that he's done to put it into a present context, historically.

plus every episode is like two hours and more long, so it's worth the subscribe