Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
The new Trueanon interview with AOC is just as wild as the Ro Khanna ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Means TV rules because they offered a free monthly subscription if you just asked for one so I asked them and have had means TV for free for like 2 years. I watched like 4 eps of the morning news.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Yeah the last 4 posts sum it up as far as I can tell. There's a couple docs and docuseries I just remembered I added to the watch later, but it's pretty content-light. I don't know if Thiel would even have it on his radar.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Norman Finkelstein, one of my problematic faves, was on Aaron Maté's pod Push Back.
Most of it was great, with a visceral takedown of Obama halfway thru, but follows it up with a pathetic " I will call you by your name but I will not use a pronoun which in my opinion contradicts your biological identity" jfc.
Lots of good stuff from him otherwise, his new book sounds good. It's definitely not gonna make him any more popular. He goes at Ta-nahisi Coates, Kimberlé Crenshaw and others about leftist disunity, it's a lot of good stuff, but it feels like (well it's fuckin Aaron maté) norm's going conservative in the same way a lot of old folks do. It's worth a listen even if most of maté's work is like if vaush was 20% smarter

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
No I never saw it before, but yeah. Him coming off like a broken vitriol spigot is not surprising after listening to that interview. He was so good on Democracy now against Dersh back in the day, and I loved his books about Palestine in the 80s & 90s, really opened my eyes when I started researching the conflict in highschool and college. I just finished his newer book Gaza, it's rough and angry and spot on. Maybe he just doesn't know what to grind his axe against anymore. What a crank. His canon stands up, but he's going down some weird tangents about gender with a real "old man yells at clouds" energy for sure.
To be clear, The Michael Jackson he/he pronoun joke is a truly perfect old uncle joke.
In short, norm go on the Adam Friedland show

majour333 has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Feb 12, 2023

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

i watched the entire 1 hour + norm finklestein greyzone interview

Review? Not sure I can watch my favorite cranky grampa slide further into potterbrain

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/2040953.rss

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Listening to the last Wendy painting interview, and at the end she talks about the versions of the books. She's mentioning the wild tupos and other changes her editor made, so I casually go to check if mine is the corrected or bad version. Sure enough I have the 'cauldron of hate' version, I picked it up from Google Books. I look down at what page that particular passage is on and I crack and ping so loving hard my cats got scared

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...xNDk4ZmMw?ep=14

The passage that's in that screenshot was changed along with other passages for unknown reasons by the first publisher she sent her book to. It happened to appear on page 666 of my ebook.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Listening back to an old cum town from '18 Nick describes a children's book that he envisioned (and should definitely exist) The Little Engine That Had Rich Parents

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
The new episode of You're Wrong About, they get deep about the concept of justice with an incredible guest Amanda Knox, it's really really powerful. They talk a lot about dealing with the criminal justice system obviously the way Amanda Knox did, and as a victim. They also talk a lot about the futility of dealing with the system at all, which really hit home with me. It's not a comedy ep.

majour333 has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Apr 1, 2023

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
and then cutting Adam off just as he gets some steam! Finkelstein is an intellectual coward.

Edit, Norm should be his permanent Andy Richter

majour333 has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Apr 3, 2023

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
The buzz you're feeling may actually be carbon monoxide, be safe

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

i say swears online posted:

every girl i've dated has fuckin' loved it when i make sweet potato fries, casserole or baked and i won't touch that poo poo lol

it's the cook's equivalent of putting on 90 day fiancee

Edited for me. Fry em in peanut oil for bonus points

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

fr0id posted:

the reason a lot of people on here defend using the r word is because “well regular people use it and we shouldn’t be high and mighty” and that is regular people

Could you please provide me with a list of these names so I may avenge thee

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Hey I'm just glad we have a new bust rodd, like an angry version, maybe with a pointy goatee. Can you recommend any pods for us? sonic, feet or general interest?

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

can someone recommend me the most racist podcast? thank you.

ok

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
FOR THE LOVE OF gently caress DO NOT LISTEN PAST 1:01:15 OF POD ABOUT LIST :dogstare:
the boys describe osha stuff and get to what I imagine is the coolest possible result of getting the drawstring of your shorts caught in the moving parts of a stand mixer.

Don't read this

penis and testes degloved, testes castrated, worker recovers testes from the floor, puts them in a bag w ice, but they couldn't be saved and then I stopped to post this

majour333 has issued a correction as of 04:50 on Jul 6, 2023

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
That glove don't fit, we must acquit

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

tokin opposition posted:

i see. what model of mixer and shorts exactly?

Post edited to reflect nonjudgmental editorial neutrality

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Pride month never ends, it carries on in a bag of ice

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Dr. Killjoy posted:

dick mangling on the brain for podcasts this week

Yeah, this is just too much. Now to relax with a big sip of this hot cocoa and some how to with John wilson

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Fun lemon party moment when they thought Amal Clooney was Huma Abedin. Good pod.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Blocked Party is a fun podcast. And so is Grifthorse with Howard Kremer and Meghan Beth Koester. And I like Doughboys too (the podcast)

majour333 has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Sep 26, 2023

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
This week's Your Kickstarter Sucks, at about 14:50, tackles the new Beatles song. Recommended listening

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Dokapon Findom posted:

The podcast you mean. Not the song (I listened to it and it sucks!)

Yes the song is a stinker but the yks boys' rendition delivers

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Hopped back in to lemon party and this most recent one is really abhorrent. I think there was one real funny bit but sheesh

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Smokeshoulder

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
https://podcastaddict.com/joshua-citarella/episode/168592046
More chum for you sharks

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
SA gets a shout out on today's blocked party

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

AnimeIsTrash posted:

this show would be so much better if cullen didn’t suck rear end

Very fair lol

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
He just released a 4 part w Wendy p about fuckin Ghostbusters and yeah it rocks (sounds like poo poo)

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/SNAZ9Efq00E?si=6_IFXA_6cd1aMxxF

Skip to about 11:30, PAL can be incredible.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
Yes, mainlined it on a road trip, I enjoyed it for the most part. I'm not a big Beatles head but familiar with the music and had read one book about them a few years beforehand. I got a lot out of it and they're fun.

If you want something similar about late-career Bob Dylan, I like the pod Jokermen as well.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
They posted a pic of the Joe Rogan rug, presumably teasing/trolling that one of them are doing rogan

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
The maths prof nicked me wee bird

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe
I really really really appreciate this post

majour333
Mar 2, 2005