Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Street Fight is good if you like listening to your anarchist dad's talking about random stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Q Anon Anonymous does deep dives into Q Anon and other right wing conspiracies

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The interviews with Richard Wolf and Adam Curtis are good. Also any episode with Will Sommer

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Deified Data posted:

Goddamn Struggle Session sucks though. Love firing up an episode for a leftist critique of media only to get an hour of why things they like are cool and good while things they don't are vapid cultural dreck, completely arbitrarily.

Though I did appreciate their recent ep where they finally just own up to being contrarians , though with the caveat that you should never, ever call them that because they find it belittling. Remains the one podcast I've subbed, unsubbed, and subbed again the most times in succession.

They're really hit or miss. Also all their good eps are patreon only

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

mila kunis posted:

I haven't listened to an episode one in a while but the big problem I had with the early episodes is they kind of dragged the joke on too long, has that changed

Not that I've noticed. All their episodes are about twice as long as they need to be.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Does anyone listen to getfiscal's podcast? I tried the first episode but it was really boring. Do the more recent eps get better?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Radio War Nerd had a good episode about a war with Iran that they made free recently. They do cite the millennium challenge uncritically but it's not the center of the episode. Dolan quotes some US think tank analysis of our navy's vulnerability to missile swarms. The solution is to develop lasers guns apparently.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/radio-war-nerd-26939754

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

zegermans posted:

I have no idea what virgil's ethnicity is

Gamer

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I don't want to sound like I'm calling you out or something but please don't import Twitter drama. I'm guilty of it too but it really does turn threads to a lovely helldump-lite. I assume that stuff is what got the previous threads gassed

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Finicums Wake posted:

edit: the unironic parts of the podcast are that the hosts are both professional dominatrixes and devout catholics

That's the unironic part?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
That dork is real mad about retweeting etiquette

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ATP_Power posted:

Just pledged to the War Nerd podcast, what are some must-listen episodes in the catalog? I'll probably get around to working through most of it, but what should I be listening to while I wait for the RSS link?

Don't know the numbers but the sci fi one, the one about potential war with Iran, and the one with Yasha Levine about the history of the internet are my favorites

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The latest citations needed is about fact checkers and it's real good

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

quote:

In June 1976 Gravel was the focus of a federal investigation into allegations that he was involved in a sex-for-vote arrangement. Congressional staff clerk Elizabeth Ray (who had already been involved in a sex scandal that led to the downfall of Representative Wayne Hays) said that in August 1972 she had sex with Gravel aboard a houseboat on the Potomac River, under the instruction of Representative Kenneth J. Gray, her boss at the time.[114] Gray allegedly wanted to secure Gravel's support for further funding for construction of the National Visitor Center in Washington, a troubled project that was under the jurisdiction of subcommittees that both members chaired.[115][116] Another Congressional staffer said she witnessed the boat encounter, but Gravel said at the time that he had never met either of the women.[114][117] Gravel and Gray strongly denied that they had made any arrangement regarding legislation,[114] and neither was ever charged with any wrongdoing.[118] Decades later Gravel wrote that he had indeed had sex with Ray, but had not changed any votes because of it.[119]

:whitewater:

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Zas posted:

it's weird to see the gravel thread talk like not supporting him is being "irony poisoned." there's nothing sincere about the gravel campaign, it's the least earnest thing. i mean i'm sure those kids hearts are in the right place, and they are sincerely anti-imperialist, but if you are an adult who is sincerely anti-imperialist i don't think you want the message associated with rapping grandpa

One of them plans on becoming an air force officer lol

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The original idea was that Gravel would somehow push Bernie to the left on foreign policy issues. This makes no sense and wouldn't work. Why would he suddenly get more anti-interventionist just because a meme candidate met the low standards to get onto the debate stage?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I think some of it stems from the fact that they're friends with the hosts of cum town and red scare. A lot of it is just people acting in bad faith though

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://twitter.com/Selena_Adera/status/1157666982369681408?s=20

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
"It's not a useless student debt program it's a useless black empowerment program."

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Gorn Myson posted:

I love this poo poo because of the disingenuous attitudes that libs consistently have when the left outmanoeuvres them. It reminds me of whenever centrist Labour MPs are even slightly threatened of being ousted from their seat by their own members and they freak the gently caress out and call it Stalinist. As if your local party going "we don't want you to represent us in the next election" is the same as Beria having his way with you and shipping you off a gulag. Just lol you loving child.

*some leftists on twitter make fun of my latest nyt column*
I HAVE BEEN BEHEADED BY JACOBINS

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Joe Rogan is literally "a mind so open his brains fell out"

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://twitter.com/MuellerDad69/status/1159966345620070400?s=20

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Matt has gone full Epstein brain on the new episode

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

I knew cth was trash because of their name.

Like if you've never been left outside an actual trap house for 2-4 hours as a child while one of your parents is trying to score, you don't get to appropriate that tbh

If you were lucky like me they'd at least leave the keys in the car

White people using appropriation ironically is still loving dumb an I'm tired of leftists and liberals thinking they get a nigga/ghetto pass because they support the right causes

lol stop appropriating child abuse culture chapo

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

It's pretty good. They briefly talk about Popehat lol

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Zoodpipe posted:

I feel the same about the Dollop....I’ve tried several times and while there are interesting topics, the format just sucks.

8-10 minutes of plugs
one guy says a line
other guy: ok
one guy says a line
laughing
laughing
one guy says a line
laughing

it’s five minutes of content over an hour

Christ

Your Kickstarter Sucks is like that too

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Yeah they're mostly just boring generic liberals. A podcast that was like a behind the bastards or grubstakers for lovely liberal media figures could be kind of fun though. Like, each episode is just a deep dive into how someone was handed elite positions by their parent's friends and how that clearly effects the way they cover news. For example, Glenn Kessler the wapo fact checker who always finds a way to call Bernie a liar is the great grandson of the founder of shell oil

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

i say swears online posted:

it's me, i'm the stan

y'all please, please listen to the first half of this

https://soundcloud.com/ballin-out-super/123-antifa-pokemon-w-rohan-padhye

The part about Golduck being a Zionist killed me

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

MizPiz posted:

No new episode this week from the Epstein podcast that is pro-pedophilia.

What?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

MizPiz posted:

Broken: Jeffrey Epstein

It was mentioned on the last free episode TrueAnon

Oh yeah, castbox keeps recommending that to me. I glad my knee jerk reaction that it was poo poo was correct.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

i say swears online posted:

yeah before chapo they were just twitter accounts that bryan quimby thought were funny. he brought them on and they realized they had chemistry

street fight gets like 20 viewers on twitch for its twice-weekly live shows :(

To be fair watching people record a podcast is pretty boring

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The street fight/party world rasslin show was great

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Shipon posted:

their mike rowe and john stossel eps were excellent though

The John stossel ep had me yelling in my car

Also the street fight ep about Mike Rowe is very good as well

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Yeah he won't get off easy but he probably won't go to prison. The systems going to milk him for thousands of dollars and make him jump through all kinds of hoops

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

zegermans posted:

there are impeachment hearings on the TV on all channels today

The media is usually fascinated by inconsequential things. Did you already forget about russiagate?

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

mclast posted:

stoller ignored me and everyone else asking for reasons why he trusted Warren, but when i decided to unfollow him over it he blocked me in minutes

hahahaha that is next level petty

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

I knew he was a crank but I didn't know he uploaded a photo to fotoforensics.com and on that basis said Russia was manipulating satellite imagery

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

T-man posted:

3. Therapy, prescribed medication, in extreme cases involuntary confinement that's humane, kind, and as good a life as we can give them.

lol literally re-education camps. havent you had this same tedious argument in 3 different threads so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

mila kunis posted:

please stop posting here.