Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I just watched both Rollerballs and let me tell you, that Blank Check episode is guaranteed to go off the rails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Thing is that ROLLERBALL is kind of a good candidate for a remake because while it has interesting parts it never works quite as well as a whole, and then the remake completely blunders it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Woah

https://x.com/blankcheckpod/status/1755993253197775053?s=20

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Why is it not "Podcast Action Hero"?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Not sweaty enough

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Well I never got to any of the Streisand films and now McTieran sounds more fun.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too. I've never seen the Thomas Crown Affair and I have both versions queued up to watch...in 2 months when the episode drops.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The OG has a lot of interesting elements but never comes together into anything. The remake owns. Easiest way to prove that Brosnan would've made a great Bond if Pervis, Wade, and his directors were better at their jobs.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Predator 4K is really nice. Lots of grain and sweat and a green jungle. Also hdr biceps.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

checkplease posted:

Predator 4K is really nice. Lots of grain and sweat and a green jungle. Also hdr biceps.

First two episodes have been great. Loving an ep with people just loving loving the movie.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
Griffin's hallucinatory false memory that Good Vibrations plays during the crane chase scene in Terminator 3 is absolutely insane

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Riptor posted:

Griffin's hallucinatory false memory that Good Vibrations plays during the crane chase scene in Terminator 3 is absolutely insane

Yeah, he kept talking about a needle drop that was coming, and I know it's been a long time since I saw the movie, but I had no idea what he was talking about in that scene. The fact that he imagined it was amazing.

edit: I just watched that scene for the first time in forever on YouTube, and it's so much worse than I remember, so I feel like Griffin right now (outside of the needle drop false memory, of course).

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 22, 2024

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Throw up a link, I can't remember it either.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Hurt, hhhhyyrjkk, BLARRRGHHHH!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

checkplease posted:

Throw up a link, I can't remember it either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0wio_JnE

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Thanks.

Yeah the crane scene is a bit silly. Tension is kind of lacking as Arnold just gets smashed through everything while the crane hits every parked car. Also lol at boink sound effects.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

checkplease posted:

Thanks.

Yeah the crane scene is a bit silly. Tension is kind of lacking as Arnold just gets smashed through everything while the crane hits every parked car. Also lol at boink sound effects.

I remember thinking the crane was cool, but I think I was just starving for any action in that boring movie.

Ending was legit good, though.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Bad movies with good endings:
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Game of Death, uhhh et cetera

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I haven't listened yet, but Kevin Smith is a great choice for Die Hard.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Griffin's in the new Patrick Willems video about "Muppet Cinema" but mostly as an ad for a separate video on Nebula...

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

howe_sam posted:

I haven't listened yet, but Kevin Smith is a great choice for Die Hard.

I listened to it this morning because I couldn't sleep for poo poo. It was a good listen. I had no idea Smith was buddies with Alan Rickman. I also completely forgot Smith is in Die hard 4, but then again I don't remember anything at all from that movie.

edit: I won't go into detail but Smith's anecdote with Quentin Tarantino is loving hilarious too.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 25, 2024

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Smith’s character grilling John McClane about Star Wars was kind of a funny bit in that movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Colonel Whitey posted:

Smith’s character grilling John McClane about Star Wars was kind of a funny bit in that movie

Yeah I want to go back and watch it now. Smith was telling a story about Willis and it was basically that Willis gave a poo poo about the McLane character even in that movie.

I also just watched Moonlighting a couple months ago and everything they said about Willis in that show is true.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah I want to go back and watch it now. Smith was telling a story about Willis and it was basically that Willis gave a poo poo about the McLane character even in that movie.

I also just watched Moonlighting a couple months ago and everything they said about Willis in that show is true.

I had a really rowdy audience when I saw that movie and it is almost certainly how good that crowd was but I always kinda liked it. I refuse to revisit it though.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Good episode, if only to hear nice stories about Alan Rickman being cool.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Good episode, if only to hear nice stories about Alan Rickman being cool.

Yeah this. And also who's your second choice to play John McLane?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

algebra testes posted:

Yeah this. And also who's your second choice to play John McLane?

Yeah, like he said, he's told this story before, but I always love hearing it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've never been more in agreement with someone on the pod than with David on De Niro's Killers of the Flower Moon performance being one of his best.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gaius Marius posted:

I've never been more in agreement with someone on the pod than with David on De Niro's Killers of the Flower Moon performance being one of his best.

He’s definitely not getting enough credit because it’s just kind of expected from him at this point. I feel silly praising a Robert De Niro performance in 2024, like I’m gonna have some unique insights, but he was amazing.

I also think that people might not have been expecting it to be as funny as it is.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I may be wrong but it seems like it’s been a while since he’s had a performance that was that locked in. Maybe not since The Intern

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Irishman. Dude turns it on when Scorses's calling the shots

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I thought he was just ok in that, though I felt similar about the movie so maybe that’s why

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Colonel Whitey posted:

I thought he was just ok in that, though I felt similar about the movie so maybe that’s why

He was great as long as he wasn't being asked to kicked anybody. Then the anti-aging CGI couldn't hide the fact that he was old man De Niro.

Other than mainly that one scene outside of the grocer, he was fantastic.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Gaius Marius posted:

Big agree and I was happy to hear others sharing this thought. I thought Deniro was just fine in the Irishman, but it is entirely possible the bad anti-aging CG is just one of those things that causes my brain to revolt and I can't get past it.

Also, was so happy to hear the Penelope Cruz love. She was so loving good in Ferrari and I'm salty she didn't get an oscar nom.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I’ve never been in more agreement than when they said Waternoose was probably just a bloodless bureaucrat and Randall came up with the plan

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I love The Hunt for Red October.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Bens entire section in the blankies 2023 episode might be the single best thing that's ever happened on this podcast.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Ernest is about to lose the March Madness poll and I’m heartbroken for Ben.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Does anyone have any suggestions for an Android podcast app? I was using Stitcher until it abruptly shut down and now Google is shutting down their app next month. I just tried one called "Podcast Player" and it's not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Podcast Addict. Only app I've ever paid for