Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

One of the things I like about being a fan of this podcast is that it's gotten me to watch more movies I don't like.
I do find that the width of knowledge between The Two Friends is absolutely astonishing (A week or two back some friends put on a DVD of Bibleman as a gag and I proceeded to break down the career history of Willie Aames off the dome - this show really reminds me of my friends and I reeling off pointless movie trivia) , I find their actual taste in movies to be kinda subpar - or a better way to describe it is they're not as critical as they should be? I'm just saying they defended Tim Burton much longer than they should have.

Also I love Producer Ben and this tweet made me laugh. For a total Scumbum (as was I), it really IS shocking it took this long:

https://twitter.com/benhosley/status/1125110840074612742

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Both of them do seem somewhat similar to me and Keanu Reeves, though, in that we all just love movies. So it might be that we're juts less critical of movies overall than you.
Absolutely true and fair - this is what it boils down to. The passion they have talking about movies is what really hooks me into the show, even when it comes to films I'm lukewarm on or even outright hate.

Also the goofs.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 12, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My kingdom for a Neveldine/Taylor miniseries, I want it so bad.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

jojoinnit posted:

I'm working my way through the Kathryn Bigelow series since I'm coming to a new appreciation of her work
On the off-chance you haven't seen Near Dark, absolutely see Near Dark.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I finally got paid an have a copy of Heat hitting my doorstep tomorrow.

Also I threw down five bucks for the Patreon and the 5 minute episode that's just all of them with Emily Yoshida singing Kiss from a Rose instantly made it worth the cash.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I listened to the Catch Me if you Can episode on the way to work today and David is absolutely over Griffin's bits, it's wild. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the tail end of one of those three-episodes-recorded-in-a-day situations.

Currently watching Ali at work and hooboy, I've seen Jamie Foxx act very well and this isn't it. But then again I'm only seven and a half minutes deep.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love the ads but yeah, that theme song is a zero.

Turns out that Collateral is streaming on HBO, which I haven't seen since it came out and:

1: Hey it's Jason Statham and he has hair!

and

B) I can't deal with Mark Ruffalo's look in this:

Unacceptable.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Spring Breakers is a masterpiece.

Miami Vice is a really excellent mess.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Griffin defending Chicken Run in the Signs episode is peak Griffin.

EDIT: holy poo poo the box office trivia for that week is bonkers.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 15, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was really big into Anime as a teen an dropped off hard in my 20s (even caught Mononoke on its original theatrical run in the states), but I've been delighted going back and re-watching the Miyazaki films which all hold up like gangbusters - but I really do hope we get a super sleazy Ben's Choice before we dip into Jonathan Demme.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 26, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

jojoinnit posted:

Hmmm that'll be annoying since the only one of his films I've seen is the remake and that was on a plane so not very optimal.

I tried to keep the spoiler so I apologise if that's overly vague.
I was just listening to an ep where they announced Demme was scheduled, I had forgotten.

Also: watch Stop Making Sense immediately.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

jojoinnit posted:

I still haven't seen Stop Making Sense, sorry goons. I actually don't think I could recognise a single Talking Heads song but I really enjoyed the episode on it!
Yeah, you should fix that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Aw yeah, my two favorite pods coming together. :rock:

(How is this not the longest episode ever?)

EDIT: Ahahaha I definitely posted this five minutes into the episode.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 15, 2021

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I demand more Dark Backward talk and I'm surprised it wasn't on Ben's radar, 'cause that poo poo is buck wild and Paxton is absolutely out of his mind in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJy4STxUXEU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Raimi shooting Costner pitching (who did all of the pitching which is absolutely loving bugnuts) is worth the price of admission, not to mention the greatest moment in Lame White Dude history where Costner stuff white bread into a glass of milk and eats it with a spoon. Ten stars.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I’m currently in Brand New Relationship mode and good god, the last 25 minutes of Sweet Charity did me so dirty, I never wanted a lame happy ending more in my life. If I ever see Oscar on the street I’m going to punch him in the balls until he dies. :argh:

Great movie tho.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Super hyped for the new miniseries. Still furious I'm not getting an episode on F for Fake, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

algebra testes posted:

Also I don't know much about Lynch what is his Blank Check movie?
I'd probably say Inland Empire, 'cause the move to video really freed him from how much of a time sink shooting on film is and gave him all the time he wanted to gently caress around shooting on the fly.