Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Only part way through the ep, but the thing about Mank that seems to resonate with them might also be what left me cold. The ep so far keeps focusing on the things that sound intellectually interesting if it intersects with previous movie knowledge. The hisses and pops and echos of the sound design evoking the feel of weird acoustics being in an old theater of the 30s and 40s. Listing off the old composers of the time that I have never heard of as inspirations for the score. The intimate knowledge of the behind the scenes goings on of Citizen Kane. I'm sure all of these historical curios rev these film nerds' engines, but I just don't feel it led to an engaging movie on the screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Gaius Marius posted:

I've never been more in agreement with someone on the pod than with David on De Niro's Killers of the Flower Moon performance being one of his best.

Big agree and I was happy to hear others sharing this thought. I thought Deniro was just fine in the Irishman, but it is entirely possible the bad anti-aging CG is just one of those things that causes my brain to revolt and I can't get past it.

Also, was so happy to hear the Penelope Cruz love. She was so loving good in Ferrari and I'm salty she didn't get an oscar nom.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
There has never been a nic cage movie on the main feed?? How is that possible.