Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I look forward to this show every week, it's my favorite show, so many of the bits between me and my GF are just bits we've stolen wholesale from this show. Blank Check has broadened the scope of films I consume, and given me a real appreciation for DA MOVIESH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
David Rees is weird but great. Going Deep owned. Also Spirited Away IS maybe one of the best films of all time? That’s not that controversial a statement, I don’t think?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I couldn’t listen to the Starlee Kine episode from a few weeks back. I’ve literally never been able to take her weird voice. I don’t have this problem with anyone else on podcasts. Just her.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah idk the hosts don’t seem very into the movie or the podcast and they have some, I would say, uncharitable takes on the film (not the icky Romani culture stuff, there’s totally room to criticize that). I’m okay with not liking the film, but they seem like weird guests for the ep. Seems like it was kinda last minute according to the recording. Maybe the boys should have just done a solo ep.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

checkplease posted:

What are best Fosse to watch? I doubt I’ll be able to get to all of them in the near term. But picked up all that jazz at least.

I mean it’s four movies but yeah go out of your way to watch All That Jazz and Cabaret

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s 5 for Fosse I always forget about Lenny lol

Also they should do Herbert Ross as mentioned on this episode, I’ve accidentally managed to watch like three of his films in the past month and it’s a real odd filmography

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Smith’s stories I thought were really nice Bc they were about the producer of A Simple Plan. He had a really close relationship with him before he passed so it was great context and history related to the film.
Honestly one of the most tolerable Smith appearances in recent memory lol

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

BigglesSWE posted:

Haven't listened to this in ages, has Griffin done his humble brag about being an old friend of Ezra Miller recently?

This is a weird post! Of course he hasn’t, because Ezra is a lovely person and Griffin isn’t responsible for their actions?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Also I watched All that Jazz last night and it blew me away. Holy poo poo. So good

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lin ep is good. Super solid guest

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Maybe you don’t like the show?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Okay

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Kinda agree. She recently gave an interview that while she reiterates that Kubrick was hard on her, she stands by the work and is proud of the performance in the movie.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Don’t watch his films then

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Y’all really wanna hear some awful stories of vile directors and actors y’all gotta listen to “The Erotic 80s” miniseries from “You Must Remember This.” Every episode is a horrific story about some tough guy actor and full of himself director thinking they have to “trick” a woman into a good performance by constantly verbally and (sometimes) physically assaulting her. All to make some mediocre erotic thriller.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Human Tornada posted:

Honestly trying to think of something dweebier than bragging about not getting the appeal of George Clooney and coming up empty.

This, Clooney rules

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Xiahou Dun posted:

Who on earth watches the Oceans movies for the cast. Like they’re fine, but they’re not the main draw.

I watch them because movies about confidence heists rule and there are nowhere near enough of them.

If you need me, I’ll be rewatching The Sting.

The draw is absolutely beautiful movie stars doing elaborate heists these takes are INSANE

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

R. Guyovich posted:

now that scott hasn't seen has gotten into its groove and sean clements is doing a movie podcast with actual screenwriters there's basically no reason to use blank check for anything except a watchlist or to deepen an already existing parasocial relationship

it has been a zero-insight zone for a long time

Ok

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gaius Marius posted:

It shouldn't just be that though. Podcast is feeling like they're doing it for a career, there's a lck of joy in it as well as a lack of curiosity towards the films.

Both Griffin and David have other jobs, and I definitely think they feel joy watching these movies and doing their dumb bits and tangents

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Handmaiden kicks so much rear end. Definitely on my “ten best movies covered on the pod” list

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
You always have the worst opinions in this thread lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

MokBa posted:

I’ve never seen a single Bob Fosse movie and I still loved listening to the episodes about him. It’s just a fun podcast with two friends!

Please watch All That Jazz