Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I hope all of the ad read haters appreciated the amazing job Ben did in the Miami Vice episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I have no memory of it, but Gethard was pro-ROS and anti-TLJ on the MCU Performance Review patreon ep. Then apparently he started being real aggro about it on the blankies reddit but I don’t think he was serious, just doing the usual CineD contrarian poo poo.

It’s a little annoying about something dumb, but it’s not half an hour. He wrote this whole apology letter and it’s maybe a ten minute tangent that doesn’t feel tense or anything. He just thinks the fans want his Star Wars rants.

IDK, I’ve only made it 30 minutes in so far and they don’t start with it and they’ve already been on Spider-Man for a while.

edit: I mean if you think Gethard is insufferable then this probably is too, but it doesn’t seem worse than usual to me

Ror fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 29, 2022

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

i was fine with him until i saw this

mlmp08 posted:

believes soda should be consumed at room temperature to preserve its pure flavor profile or something.

what the gently caress :mad:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I bet Lin's a good guest, it's not like he's going to be making up cheesy political raps for the pod or anything. He's surely a connoisseur of context when it comes to musicals. He's got hyper-concentrated theater kid energy but I don't think he's gonna be telling stories about summer camp with Griff either, so it's probably a wash.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Paths of Glory is like a top 3 Kubrick to me, he has so many others that are ultinately much more fun to watch for me but I find it to be an absolutely incredible film, if rather bleak. Way better “war is hell” movie than FMJ.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I am not watching a movie that doesn't even contain it's best scene.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The Boyle/Sorkin one is Steve Jobs. Jobs is the one Kutcher is in. Dumb titles.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Check this out. Search through Blank Check episodes!

drat, i need this for every podcast

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Human Tornada posted:

So the one guy's bit is he does an intentionally (?) bad British accent on and off?

They mention it briefly near the start, it's Shaun Diston's character Sprague from Comedy Bang Bang and then when they started the Scott Hasn't Seen podcast for some reason they decided that he would be the co-host in character. So I guess he just sat down to do a movie podcast and decided it was more natural to do his character, but like they said after an hour or so of discussion it starts to slip. You can especially hear it drop when he's actually trying to say something thoughtful.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Sometimes I don't want deep analysis, I just want them to bring up a movie called The ____ and have David say "this movie asks the question: what if there was a ____?"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The blank check concept is fun but I still just like hearing the friends be silly about da moviesh. The Austin Powers commentary is one of my favorite episodes in a long time.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

I tend to listen to the commentaries while not watching the movies if I've seen the movie before, because the guys are really good at talking about the movies without you needing to watch. But they recently said on Twitter that the Austin Powers one should be be listened to while watching. Is that accurate? Are there lots of moments where they're like, "Look at that thing right there, which we will not refer to! How cool! Anyway..."

There are so many jokes in the movie that half the time they're riffing and another one will start cracking up and say something like "I forgot about that!" and then they'll get distracted by something else while they're trying to discuss that. If you're really familiar with the movie it might be OK but there's a lot more direct reaction to stuff on screen that other commentaries.

There are also several discussions about Mike Myers' physique which are much more entertaining when you are actually looking at his naked body.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

The Straight Story episode gonna be a banger, I can feel it

there should also be a bonus Ben episode on his meditation book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

You got me straight trippin boo