Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

mlmp08 posted:

Amazon’s live action The Tick. Reference himself as Arthur.

Oooh, and here I thought he was talking about Peter Serafinowicz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm only about 40 minutes in, but this episode on A Simple Plan with Kevin Smith is an absolute delight. Kev's toned down his Kevin Smith persona and it's just three dudes talking very excitedly about movies.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

All I know about Cabaret I learned from The Muppet Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRsIp3XB1Q

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

R. Guyovich posted:

they announce next week's guest at the end of this episode and boy if it doesn't make it an insta-skip, even for all that jazz

Lin Manuel Miranda will be a perfectly fine guest you loving weirdo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I get all the reasons people dislike Sorkin's writing, but drat the end of Two Cathedrals slaps.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

algebra testes posted:

The beach is only 2 and a half.

But its got Emily Yoshida!

I have no idea why, but going into the episode I kept getting The Beach and Brokedown Palace mixed up. I guess because they both feature a star from Romeo+Juliet having A Bad Time in Thailand?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Here's the full bracket https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod/status/1629915956771266565

Peter Weir would be a fun miniseries

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Out of Sight and Up in the Air are the two movies I usually point to as good Clooney performances. Though I haven't seen the latter in ages.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Three Kings? Good Night and Good Luck?
Honestly, the only performance I remember from Good Night and Good Luck is David Strathairn's. I forgot about Three Kings, he is good in that, and of course Oh, Brother.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I would've honestly been amazed if they had done the Fincher miniseries and not had Fennessey or CR on.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This is where I admit I get Mank and Trumbo mixed up in my head constantly.

Also, if you haven't listened to that Big Pic lawyer movie draft they mentioned check it out.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I haven't listened yet, but Kevin Smith is a great choice for Die Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It's a perfect movie for Scheer and Mantzoukas to run wild on