Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

mlmp08 posted:

and I’m David

Crash! A PIPE goes through the window!

oh no

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Not feeling the current Carpenter series because Carpenter is a number one movie nerd director so everyone already had million of takes on him and rankings and reevaluations and what not, but

1) Alex Ross Perry using most of his episode to do a lecture on american horror movie history was wonderful
2) Memoirs of Invisible Man episode mostly talking about Chevy Chase and where did it all go wrong with him multiple times was nice

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I though i was totally desensitized to podcaster vocal tics but then I heard Paul Rust's laugh
the horror

Kurt Russell and son being huge Evil Dead fans is very cute.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

jojoinnit posted:

So when and where for the stream, and more importantly; are we talking beanie, baseball, homberg or something easy like, I dunno, a yarmulke?

I'm gonna feel real stupid if they did and I missed it (I listen while doing stuff) but I'm 99.9% sure it didn't come up)

dawg they made a big show out of it with David saying every letter

lmao they talk for like 15 minutes out of 2 hour episode about the movie, great job (movie deserves it)
they do an American Pie trivia game ffs

imagine Blade having just THAT opening scene and then it is just Wesley Snipes being an insufferable rear end in a top hat for the rest of the movie berating N'Bushe Wright without any dead bloodsuckers, thats John Carpenter's Vampire$

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Very glad a chunk of Benedetta episode is dedicated to the discussion of fart artistry

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hell yes
The hosliest of series

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Griffin and David and Ben aka Produ- have evidently different tastes, but I don't think the show would benefit from adversarial conversation. Siskel and Ebert show was scripted, I believe - in live discussion busting heads would result in shouting match or awkward silence (see "jay listens to mike talking about star trek" compilation number whatever). Griffin dying on some very silly hill for minutes to polite smiles from everyone is enough.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

MokBa posted:

Opened up the podcast app to discover that the A Clockwork Orange episode is over 3 hours longer and just thinking "yeah that seems right".

Hooting and hollering when I see that it is the Alex Ross Perry episode

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Colonel Whitey posted:

Just caught up with the Moana episode and had a hearty lol when they said nothing would top the Oscars moment when La La Land and Moonlight got mixed up. If only they knew

https://twitter.com/coopercooperco/status/1650163487979569154?t=RV5JTPTNxt09rJO2cgBU4g&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

"Nolan sympathized with Oppenheimer because someone shot up TDKR"

Terminal twitter brain