Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just got into this thanks to the forums and as I'm a big star wars nerd I went straight for the best of the star wars podcasts they did, getting into the actual director themed podcasts now (starting with Tim Burton as I have a love/ hate relationship with his movies. Paul F Tompkins calling Griffin a Beta Cuck was amazing.). Did just listen to the live show they did with Peter Serafinowicz and that was a bit of a rough one, i think his humour was maybe too dry for a live audience to pick up on. But I wish he'd come back again for an actual in studio podcast because he's a really funny guy and great at improv and going along with a bit.

Also I can totally see how Griffin could get on someone's nerves with his bits and humour but to me he's quite endearing in a cheesy way, but it's definitely not going to be for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Griffin McElroy is on the latest episode, I'm 5 minutes in and it's already off the rails.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Jeez the first 5 minutes of the latest ep really makes me miss Griffin McElroy. This guest is just too pompous. Never seen Shrek, hates on Disney's Aladdin which he's also somehow never seen, and apparently has just never heard of Rat Race, i guess because it's all below him.

Also Spirited Away is great but maybe the best film ever made? Come on, David.