Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

clown shoes posted:

I have bad news for you, the repetition of unfunny bits/jokes never goes away, which really detracts from the stronger parts of the show. Griffin thinks he's way funnier than he actually is and completely ignores the comedy rule of three. He also doesn't "yes, and" the jokes of others and kills any possible comedic momentum. When listening to their Nolan episodes, there were only so many times I could hear Griffin refer to Batman Begins as "Bartman Begins" and the Joker as "Richard T. Joker" before I wanted to scream and decided to jump ship. It wasn't just those two either, he has little quirks like this in every episode and they usually fall flat. He also has a story for everything, usually invoking his life of obscene privilege that got him into the industry, that don't necessarily add to the conversation; although, when he does have a good story, like the one about his sister getting mad about the NY Pride Parade making them late for Herby Fully Loaded, it's worth the derail. He's the reason episodes run super long and if ever there was a show in desperate need of an editor, it's this one.

This sums up my feelings about this show perfectly.

When they actually talk about the movie in question, I’m all there. But the moment Griffin starts his “bits”, I’m zoning out. Not to mention his commercial bits, my God, the commercials! They’re like weaponized boredom; too long, too dull, too obnoxious. I’ve been ranting about them before, and I’m sorry for sounding dramatic, but there’s something about them that really, REALLY annoys me.

This could fill a great void that is missing from WHM (in-depth discussion about the film industry) but then it had to be “funny” too.

Their episode about Ratatouille is great, and made me come back to that (fantastic) movie. So there, some positive words as well!

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I’m glad you like them. To me, personally, it’s literally inconceivable that anyone would, but more power to you.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

clown shoes posted:

MY GOD THE COMMERCIALS. I literally cringe when I hear him say "ding dong."

Yeah it’s incredibly grating. My heart sinks every time.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Zore posted:

The best episode is the one on Book Of Henry because they both just absolutely hate the movie with a passion and its such a contrast with basically every other episode.

That is indeed a very good and fun episode, I agree to that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Haven't listened to this in ages, has Griffin done his humble brag about being an old friend of Ezra Miller recently?