Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Having Griffin McElroy telling actual jokes and bringing new experiences and anecdotes was such a breath of fresh air, it's astounding that he spends exponentially more of his daily life podcasting yet he's so much better about not running tired bits into the ground or telling the same anecdote over and over than Griffin Prime is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Just Chamber posted:

Jeez the first 5 minutes of the latest ep really makes me miss Griffin McElroy. This guest is just too pompous. Never seen Shrek, hates on Disney's Aladdin which he's also somehow never seen, and apparently has just never heard of Rat Race, i guess because it's all below him.

David Rees is 47 years old, even if he wasn't a weird countercultural satirist guy him not watching childrens cartoons in his 20s isn't really that unusual and especially not back in the pre-internet days when adults being super into childrens media wasn't nearly as common or socially acceptable as it is now.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm really looking forward to the Howl's Moving Castle episode because that was the exact point that I felt like Miyazaki's reliance on the same few tropes and focusing on visuals and mood over coherent story kind of imploded on itself and I want to see how it holds up to them shotgunning his content in rapid succession like this.

Also looking forward to not one but two special episodes this month.

https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod/status/1159640846276411396