Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Frame
Jun 9, 2019

stratofarius posted:

So far, all I can tell you is Manhunter great, Thief good, The Keep bad, The Last of the Mohicans boring (though considering the praise they heaped upon it in the episode, maybe that's just me).

To be fair, they were very measured in their praise of Mohicans, and most of that was directed at DDL himself. Though their tangents during the episode made me realise how much I would enjoy a Paul Thomas Anderson or Buster Keaton series.

Very excited for Gabrus on Heat next week.

I'm glad there is a thread for this show. I came to the podcast about a year ago through the Star Wars episodes and it recently has become a listen-every-week podcast even when I haven't seen the film they are discussing (the only other never-miss podcast for me is Threedom). It's just so silly and positive. We Stan a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Frame
Jun 9, 2019

stratofarius posted:

Counterpoint: I love Griffin's sense of humor and I love David's dismay at his jokes. It's like seeing myself split into two people.

I'm going to agree with the fact that it is something and it can be very overpowering. Griffin's got a very specific kind of humor that I've described to a friend as 'if Fozzie Bear was a film nerd'. But I love that.

I agree with this. I really enjoy The Two Friends sensibility and sense of humour, but can see that it would be really irritating if it wasn't your thing. But then, I can't see why one earth someone would listen to the show if that was the case.

Podcasts have reached a point where every guest and every topic has appeared on multiple shows, so why listen to one that doesn't click with you? (This is why I wait for the guests on Dax Shepard's podcast to appear on other shows).

Also, I get it, kill the rich etc... but I really don't mind hearing people talk about their childhood even if it was more well off than mine.

The Human Frame
Jun 9, 2019
His latest CBB was pretty good too.*

*Though nothing will beat Peter Serafinowicz's Alan Alda impression when they both first appeared to promote The Tick.