Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Gotta agree. I'm also not much of a horror movie guy, so this series has basically been a full skip for me.

That said, the next commentary series is the Santa Clause trilogy, so that will be a blast. Their episodes on the Polar Express and Christmas Carol were great, so I'm down for much more Christmas content.

We're on such opposite wavelengths from one another that if you and I ever met it might cause a matter-antimatter explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Griffin also voices Orko on Kevin Smith's version of Masters of the Universe

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

finally listened and Gethard was funny. It was a good episode

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He looks like Joel Kinnaman

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

YggiDee posted:

Lin-Manuel Miranda used to be an occasional guest of the McElroy brothers and I'm 99% sure he would absolutely make up insane songs in the middle of a podcast

Didn't he do literally that on CBB once

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I don’t know, I think we have plenty of other shows that take that approach. I prefer Blank Check’s style over the standard internet nerd hyperbole style where people pretend to have a strong opinion of Ant Man 5 or whatever.

Yes exactly

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The worst Sorkin thing is someone saying a non sequitur out loud and other people acting confused, then the original person acting all smug about it

"The President said he can't sign this bill unless you give us what we want"

".......lobster thermidor"

"Lobs- lobster themidor?!? What are you talking about?!"

"Heh. This is exactly like that time my wife and I had a fight about lobster thermidor. You see..."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

now that scott hasn't seen has gotten into its groove and sean clements is doing a movie podcast with actual screenwriters there's basically no reason to use blank check for anything except a watchlist or to deepen an already existing parasocial relationship

it has been a zero-insight zone for a long time

putting your weird robot logic aside, it's not like they're covering the same movies?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It's also cool when griffin is doing a funny bit and david shits all over it with sudden and intense aggression

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

buttcast

mindhunter on patreon confirmed

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Don't skip the ad reads on the fight club episode

FFFFUUUCK YOOOOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I also think it's refreshing how typically they try to find the good in things rather than being yet another "can you BELIEVE how much this SUCKS?!?!?" type podcast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Apex Rogers posted:

I’m still salty over the My Neighbor Totoro episode being taken over by that I’m the Main Character guy whose annoying shtick is to turn the show into a weird power grab forced competition or something? I just wanted to hear them talk about my favorite Miyazaki :(

JD Amato was on the recent The Boy and the Heron ep and mentioned that they recorded the Totoro episode not long after his sister died unexpectedly and he basically went deep into bit-land because he didn't really want to focus on a movie about a sibling relationship, which is a huge bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Griffin's hallucinatory false memory that Good Vibrations plays during the crane chase scene in Terminator 3 is absolutely insane