Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Saw Dr. Strange last night and it was extremely Sam Raimi despite the MCU limitations. Cannot wait for their episode on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I haven’t seen DMTH since the theater, but my memory of it is that her eating disorder was more central to the film, thematically. It gets touched on a bit in the podcast but I was surprised how little they discussed it. Maybe it’s because I loved the film, but it feels like the guests did a very poor point of explaining their reasons for disliking it (beyond the very valid critiques of the villain). It just ended up not quite being the discussion that DMTH deserves.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Yeah I think it a clever way for them to do it. They turn the ads into silly skits. I still skip over them because my main issue is that the ads end up being way too long. It becomes incredibly obvious when an ad is starting after you've listened to the show for a bit.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

The rap was good and Lin was a good guest because he's a genuine fan of the podcast and I say this as someone who doesn't really care for anything he creates.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I was pretty annoyed at the DMTH episode because I love that movie and it didn't get the discussion it deserved. They barely mentioned the eating disorder which is one of the main themes of the movie.

I listened to every Bob Fosse episode even though I've never seen any of his movies (will definitely have to watch Cabaret and All That Jazz at some point). It was a great exploration of a very complex, lovely guy that revolutioned entertainment. I'd love for them to tackle some more less-mainstream directors like that.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Opened up the podcast app to discover that the A Clockwork Orange episode is over 3 hours longer and just thinking "yeah that seems right".

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

We all know the best Steve Jobs movie is Pirates of Silicon Valley. They need a sequel to that with the same cast to tell the the story of what happened after Macworld 97.

Man I watched this the night it aired when I was like 12 years old. It was the only way I thought of Steve Jobs until like 10 years later when he was in the news constantly. Maybe I’ll check out the Boyle movie for the podcast but I often don’t actually watch the movies before listening. I just like to listen to Griffin and David talk about anything.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I saw the Beach when I was just a little too young and it was a wild ride. Feels like something I dreamt.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

As someone who has listened to hours and hours of Scott Hasn't Seen, I didn't even think about the fact that a lot of people are being introduced to Sprague for the first time ever now.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

This is my favorite podcast about Becker.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I often disagree with Griffin and David and I don't even find the podcast that insightful. But it's one of my very favorite podcasts anyway cuz it's just entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I’ve never seen a single Bob Fosse movie and I still loved listening to the episodes about him. It’s just a fun podcast with two friends!