Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Did Johnny Miller have a loving stroke or something? Christ

He’s sounded like that for a decade.

Californication was an interesting song choice there for the commercial break Fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Just a routine 30 foot bomb to save par for Tiger after two shocking green side shots.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
If it can't be Phil, I'm pulling or Rickie, then the robot.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I have to give Fox some credit, their camerawork so far this year has been 100x better than the past few years.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

I have to give Fox some credit, their camerawork so far this year has been 100x better than the past few years.

I think they settled down with their constant push of Fox Cool poo poo and just smartly positioned their cameras and let the golf tell the story. Faxon and Azinger talk too loving much but I can tune that out. Fox is definitely better this year than their first couple.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I wonder if we'll ever get a commercial-free men's major like the women got a few weeks ago. Outside the Masters webpage, that's peak golf coverage.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I think I heard the final round is limited commercials and we get treated to the final hour being commercial free!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

22 putts for Rose, fucks sake.

-1 for Tiger as poorly as he hit his irons could show some potential for the rest of the week but who knows. His putter saved his round today and if he loses that he’s lost at sea.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Standings after round 1

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Kameh posted:

Standings after round 1

Everyone is still in it, even Bubba

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I think this is the first pool in awhile where nobody picked somebody who poo poo the bed day 1 and was instantly out, lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

So I haven’t looked at the forecast but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the USGA sees the first round scores, panics, tricks out the greens for the weekend, and then the wind picks up too and renders some of their pins unplayable.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Here's a recap of what's gone on so far in the golf this morning:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Koepka sucks.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Spieth is gonna kill his caddy before the end of the round.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Oh, Rory, no.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Oh Bubba. Looking forward to who I have to send money to.

As long as it isn’t Kameh!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Lol reed

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/KOCOCarson/status/1139719893924769792?s=19

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
58 degrees F and slightly overcast is perfect golfing weather ya wimps! :colbert:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Koepka currently ennui-ing his way up the leaderboard

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

Shrapnig posted:

Oh Bubba. Looking forward to who I have to send money to.

As long as it isn’t Kameh!

You've gotten your wish.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kameh posted:

You've gotten your wish.

40 on the front, ouch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It’d be pretty funny if Koepka shoots 69 all four rounds and wins. The broest of wins.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Those white hospitality structures that look like big FEMA tents sort of ruin the course's aesthetics.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

runoverbobby posted:

Those white hospitality structures that look like big FEMA tents sort of ruin the course's aesthetics.

Then go pay the $500 greens fees if you want to see the course in its glory.

It’s one of the few courses where you can go do that.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Shrapnig posted:

Then go pay the $500 greens fees if you want to see the course in its glory.

I've seen it. Was one reason for noting the contrast.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lordy that save by Woodland just now.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Hell yeah, let's go Woodland!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

runoverbobby posted:

I've seen it. Was one reason for noting the contrast.

Fair enough.

Pretty much every course looks worse when there’s an event going on. Augusta may be the exception only because so few people get to see it when it isn’t in Masters mode.

I went to Baltusrol in 2016, they have two courses there. The hospitality area and parking were built on the second course. So if you’re a member at that fairly exclusive course, get hosed for a couple months.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah the driving range at Bethpage had a net 20 yards in front of you because the media building was still there as of a week ago, and the Red, Blue and Green courses all had their first holes converted into par threes because of the stages, seating, walkways, etc.

These greens are bumpy as gently caress, some of the long putts people have sunk lately were going to miss badly and then the ball bounces back towards the cup in the last few inches. Must be frustrating when it goes the other way.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 16, 2019

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
It's been getting crazier recently. Grandstands have been around a while but huge temporary structures with indoor seating and banqueting are a creature of the 2010s.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

runoverbobby posted:

It's been getting crazier recently. Grandstands have been around a while but huge temporary structures with indoor seating and banqueting are a creature of the 2010s.

It’s amazing how early they start too. If you watch any of the various golf Youtubers, they’re putting that stuff up three months before the event.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

How is Woodland hanging onto this. Jesus.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Someone plopped a refugee camp on top of three of golf's most scenic holes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

runoverbobby posted:

Someone plopped a refugee camp on top of three of golf's most scenic holes.

The irony being that you wouldn’t ever see that angle if it weren’t for the Fox drone cams that have been so cool this week.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol deer on the course just now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

C-Euro posted:

lol deer on the course just now.

I love how this is a thing and not literally every round I play.

*Picks another tick off themself*

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
I think if Koepka puts up another 68 he wins this. And I don't see any reason he won't shoot that or better. He left two birdies on the course leaving two uphill putts an inch or so short.

Rose is the real competition, I think. Woodland has been playing out of his mind, but Rose just looks like he's rounded into his best game at the right time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009