Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There can never be too many Mana games, so this is very good news. Especially following the absolutely amazing remake of SD3. I'm really looking forward to learn more about the new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Hope its not a mobile game but a follow up in the style of the Trials remake.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

They tried a mobile game and it ended service earlier this year, so there probably won't be another one for a while.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Or they shut it down because they had a new mobile game in the pipeline.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they also are shuttering opera omina too, so hopefully it's not to try their hand at another mobile game for one of their smaller franchises

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Torrannor posted:

There can never be too many Mana games, so this is very good news. Especially following the absolutely amazing remake of SD3. I'm really looking forward to learn more about the new game.

I take it you didn't play Echoes of Mana, huh...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Trick question, nobody did.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just got announced at TGA

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9biJipMQ-9Y

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's not a mobile game!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Very fast rumor to announcement on this one. Sometime in 2024.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That looks gorgeous, holy poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A pet Flammie that joins in battle? Hell yeah.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

More details:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/12/visions-of-mana-announced-for-ps5-ps4-xbox-series-and-pc

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Even more details on the official website that's only in Japanese, including that it's only 1 player... but also the monster design is being supervised by Koichi Ishii.

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/seiken_vom/

Also saying something about a "semi-open" field.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 8, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Phantasium posted:

Also saying something about a "semi-open" field.

Could it mean open world?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Could it mean open world?

I'm assuming that but didn't want to say that was the case since I'm just looking at it through Google Translate.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I would place no bet on the game being open world.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well, semi-open. I'm assuming something more like just large fields akin to something like a modern Tales game or maybe how FFXVI did it. Some of the zones he's running through in the trailer seem like they go for a decent distance.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I thought the Trials engine looked so great so this is great news!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

This looks great and I love the world and monsters of this series, but my biggest memories were playing 3-player co-op with my siblings in Secret of Mana so I've always been disappointed the series has left that aspect behind. To me, it was inseparable from the experience.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How tf did you play 3-player co-op in secret of mana

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/Super_Multitap

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Look at this big shot who had an SNES multitap growing up.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Excited to go on an adventure with my friends tall popoi, random catboy, and totally not pearl

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

jokes posted:

How tf did you play 3-player co-op in secret of mana

You just had to be rich enough to have a multitap!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

My family was actually the opposite of rich growing up, we got everything second-hand through garage sales and thrifting. So we were usually a generation or so behind the console lifecycle as everyone offloaded their stuff for cheap to upgrade to the new hardware.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I always had aspirations of doing 3p Seiken Densetsu 3 with the hack but it was only me for a long time in my social sphere who appreciated rpgs like that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Does that 3p hack work with the Trials of Mana version of that ROM, or is it too different?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Trials of Mana design itself is very anti-multiplayer it's a bit disappointing

not that anyone I know would have wanted to play it co-op

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Excited to go on an adventure with my friends tall popoi, random catboy, and totally not pearl

There's what looks like a sproutling in the art they posted as well.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Baggot posted:

My family was actually the opposite of rich growing up, we got everything second-hand through garage sales and thrifting. So we were usually a generation or so behind the console lifecycle as everyone offloaded their stuff for cheap to upgrade to the new hardware.

I have a really fond memory of my mom taking me to a pawn shop to buy a super nintendo around 1996

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I have a really fond memory of my mom taking me to a pawn shop to buy a super nintendo around 1996

we got ours brand new (heavily on sale because the n64 had been out for a year)

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I remember 2p-3p SD2/SD3 netplay during the early SNES emulation days

it owned

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I didn't know how to use emulators when I was 13, so I had another kid teach me so I could play SD3.

He and I then formed a friend group that gradually swelled to about a dozen people, and we all still hang to this day, 17 years later :3:

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The new game looks great. So colorful and luscious. Hope the combat is as snappy as the Trials Remake.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
How good are the chances that Hiroki Kikuta is working on the soundtrack? I want to say he supervised the Trials remake re-arranged soundtrack and worked on an indie game recently (Indivisible?) so it might not be out of the question.
Also was disappointed in the lack of co-op in the Trials remake and this game, but oh well. Looks beautiful though.
The combat looked sort of loose and floaty in the video, but it's only a video of a pre-release version so who can say really.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Item Getter posted:

How good are the chances that Hiroki Kikuta is working on the soundtrack?

100%, he's credited on the website as well as the people on the Trial remake.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I hope we get the same folks doing the English localization as Trials. Please, I need more 90s dubs in my life.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

more 👏 stupid 👏 accents 👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

more 👏 stupid 👏 accents 👏

Fantasy settings needs more "Bahstin" accents.