Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I didn't realize there was a thread just for Trials of Mana so was posting in the Switch thread - just tried the demo and the camera/controls felt really clunky compared to the original, this wasn't a good trade for losing co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

And my character seemed to run slower on the Switch? Maybe it’s because of the frame rate but movement and everything seemed sluggish as hell on the Switch.
Character slows to a walk when you change direction, sometimes attacks go in a random direction, dashing is bound to one or both of the thumbsticks.

The camera sucks and according to the article it's the reason they didn't include co-op.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well it happened, a lot, but maybe it was just random - I'd have the stick at max tilt and then nope, walking again

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Well atm we're at two co-op rpg remakes for 2020 where Square Enix totally hosed up the co-op

so I wouldn't trust them with another co-op remake. probably add some stupid poo poo like online-only matchmaking that kicks you after 30 minutes

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Crystal Chronicles was the second one they butchered https://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-how-to-add-friends-what-is-the-journey-log/

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

How will Square gently caress up the local co-op for this one, after what they did to Trials of Mana and Crystal Chronicles last year?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

jokes posted:

I thought they were both girls and I thought that was pretty cool. I didn't know it was a male until, years later, I actually read the words during character creation.
I beat the game a long time ago. Back then I thought after the final boss, the player is sacrificed/ascended and becomes the new Mana Goddess. So your thinking would have fit that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Any word on co-op?