Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Harrow posted:

Y'know I really don't like this Trials of Mana ??? Seed system for getting class change items and I feel like perhaps that could have been done away with in the remake without losing anything.

I know there are guaranteed ??? Seeds in the Benevodon dungeons but unless I get really lucky, I'm pretty sure I'll be basically done with the story by the time I get the ones I actually want.

Take quick dips into the ice and wood dungeons, then back out; those two seeds are very near the beginning.

Light is nearly at the end of looping around the dungeon but given the mechanics of that place, it's also very near the beginning. So you could take a loop through the trash to clear out the gimmick and get the seed, and later on you'd have a quick straight shot to the boss.

So that's 3 seeds you could get without any particular waste of time, and without killing any benevodons. Now granted, there's a 1/8 chance that those are the exact 3 class change items you don't want, but that's the worst-case scenario. You've accordingly got a 7/8 chance of getting at least one that you do want.

From there, clear out fire (seed is halfway through), earth (seed is near the end), and moon (seed is near the end) next, and by the time you're done all three - and possibly sooner - you will have gotten all the class change items. The results only get random after you've gotten at least one of each. (It might determine this by checking your inventory though, so let the unwanted items gather dust until you've gotten the ones you do want.)

Then you can loop through the other five elements (light mostly pre-completed) while on your desired classes, as well as of course the endgame and the postgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU