Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Crap. I started a game with Reisse/Kevin/Charlotte but I don't know if I can put up with Charlotte's uWu bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So at a bit of a crossroads here.
I finally hit my first promotion, at level 21 because at no point was I informed that's what the mana stones were for.
And I keep fixating on all the stuff that's wrong with this game, mostly the pacing.
Now I still enjoy the game but at this point I'm thinking I'm going to pick up the remake when it comes out.
So now do I continue playing or maybe turf this run and start playing Legend of Mana or something.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Arkeus posted:

Remake will have a lot changed apparently, so there is something to be said in "first seeing the original". But yeah, what you are talking about is exactly the kind of thing that's nasty to new players in it. Not only are the mana stones not explicitly for tiering up in a clear manner, but they are situated in such a way that you either need to grind a lot to get to level18 in Roland? or just end up getting to the new tier at level 20+.... which means losing stat points until the next tier.

I already played SD3 to completion but it was a long time ago. I ran Duran, Angela and I thought Charlotte but I had to specifically make Duran my healer so it couldn't have been her. I just know it was a trio with little/no inherit synergy.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Folt The Bolt posted:

Eh, I think it's fine. Trials of Mana remake is already letting us play with the Third Tier classes much earlier than in the original.

This is pretty much all I needed to hear to buy this game (eventually. Not immediately. Lot of other games on my plate right now).

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Some combination of Kevin, Riese, Hawk and Charlie. Is Kevin/Riese/Hawk the 'you're SOL on healing' team?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Does this version of the game let you play with the 3rd classes for longer than the last 15% of the game?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

New Question: In NG+ do the enemies levels increase to meet you or is 90% of the game an utter triviality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ahem
Gathering ??? Seeds is utter bullshit and ruins the pacing of the game. If there weren't 6 guaranteed from chests in the Benevodon dungeons this would be a game ender for me. And even then it's awful because you're either A: Killing the Benevodons as you go which takes the brief window you get to use your 3rd classes and makes it even smaller or B: Not killing the Benevodons which means you're going through a bunch of dungeons twice. Luckily they are pretty short. But still. Between getting the seeds from the chests and then going back and killing the first 7 I got a whopping 5 seeds to drop. I was level 47 when I was finally able to switch classes. If not for those chests I'd be level 61 and STILL not able to class change everybody.

Just...holy poo poo. loving awful.