Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Looks like they only had recorded voices for Duran and Riesz. . . which we should count as a blessing because I dread the day we finally hear fully voiced Charlotte with this script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I finished the demo with Reisz/Duran/Charlotte (yes, I'm willingly bringing along the Fudd-Gnome). On Normal, which is apparently just Easy mode. Oh well, too late now. That's probably going to be the biggest issue people have with this remake - it'll be too easy with the new combat system. Because I'm liking everything else about it.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK now that I finally have the full game and I can pick up where the demo left off - Reisz (lead), Duran, Charlotte - is it a bad idea to keep dumping points into Duran's Strength because it seems like an extremely dumb and Duran thing to do? I just hit level 9 for everybody. Obviously I want to keep pumping Charlotte's Spirit up, but what's a good idea for Reisz at this point? I have about 4 points in Stamina for her so far, and some in Strength.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

OK, I did my first class change, Dark Reisz, Dark Duran, Light Charlotte. . . I kinda didn't realize that Gladiator and Priestess both get the saber spells. Duran won't be learning his any time soon and Charlotte still needs a lot to go; you'd think they'd accessible without having to plow at least 12 points into Spirit with her. I'll roll with it for now but I did have a save before the Gusthall boss just in case.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

It's time for me to start thinking about third classes for my team. Dark Reisz, Dark Duran, Light Charlotte. I'm going to be going the Dark route for Charlotte to keep going on that Saber magic train; I'll have to check the descriptions for Reisz and Duran's third classes to see what's up with them. So from what I understand, what you get from the ??? seeds is set in stone once you pick them up, right? No RNG manipulation on them?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So I lucked into getting both of Reisz's class items and went with making her a Fenrir Knight, because multi-target debuffs? Yes please. That just leaves Duran to figure out. What's the best way to go about getting ??? Seeds other than finding them in the Mana Stone dungeons?

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm at endgame right now, which, in classic Square fashion, is suitably a slog. A couple of bosses down, I decide to rope of Dark Castle and gear up, so of course after I drop lots of money on the best armors in Pedda, I wind up getting (slightly) better stuff from Item Seeds. Typical. In terms of damage dealing I have what I think is Charlotte's best flail from another item seed and brought the best sword Pedda has for Duran. Reisz is due for a weapon upgrade but she's been doing fine so far.

I'm certainly glad I have Charlotte along in full healbot mode, because I equipped Duran with the skill that amps up power attacks for 5% HP, which doesn't seem like a lot at first, but it really adds up. It does help make short work of most things, though, so I can't complain.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I finished the main game - time for postgame shenanigans! Honestly the final boss was pretty much a joke: Duran with his best gear + Wound + Charlotte healbotting constantly = one very dead Archdemon. Now that I know what to expect my next playthrough should should be without healing magic (or does Angela get access to that at some point?), so I'll have to make use of items more frequently.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Man, the postgame is really inconsequential, or at least it was with my team comp. Between Riesz's debuffs, Duran tearing everything apart and Charlotte's healing everything went down pretty quickly. That last class change was pretty much overkill.

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

more 👏 stupid 👏 accents 👏

Charlotte was a treasure and we must protect her legacy. Gimme all sorts of accents, inflections and whatnot. Go overbord with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

So you would say he has his Anchor, Watts?

Booooooo. Get off the stage!