Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

timp posted:

Thanks for the heads up! I found this rip of what I assume is just the Trials of Mana part of that presentation, get it while it's still hot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmnp-apjTjk

Holy poo poo that bit with Fullmetal Hugger has me hyped beyond reason, both for how good it looks and the idea of just how good the Dangaard fight/the rendition of Hightension Wire will be. :swoon:

I guess I'll just have to pass the time by playing the Collection version for now. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, now I'm trying to get my hands on ??? Seeds in the Jungle of Illusion before I hit 38 and I'm seriously considering just tossing my hands in the air and not playing further. I forgot how annoying this was.

I always found it easiest to get them from the Light God-Beast area.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Reality Sinner posted:

You can animation lock them with magic nukes

*laughs in Bil and Ben*

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Pa Potos also drop ??? Seeds and they spawn from Ma Potos. You can do that pretty early on. I got all my characters to their final jobs after like two or three Benevodons

Yeah, I always stop off to get some whenever I go to knock off Lightgazer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I about jumped out of my seat in joy when the intro to High Tension Wire kicked in. I didn't think I could be any more hyped and then they went and did that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Putting points into Angela's Strength for emphasis on fire magic :aaaaa:

This is so fuckin' wild, what the hell.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT: Also, the big take from this is that it's seemingly confirmed that we're expected to class change into our final classes by the time we're taking down the Benevodons which owns!

That and holy poo poo actual boss mechanics!!! :supaburn:

The attack telegraphs also look very good in motion. Combat rolling out of the Mama Poto Lucent Beams was so radical, what the gently caress. Thank god for New Horizons giving me something to distract myself with until Trials comes out.

Now all I need to see is the Dangaard fight. I hope it's rad as hell. :pray:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Melomane Mallet posted:

If you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

Ain't even stealing if it's your own property. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Excuse me it has a what :aaaaa:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Allarion posted:

Also final trailer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQhI6W1Vpo

All these bosses suddenly having FFXIV style mechanics has me excited

Oh come the gently caress on, all we get of Dangaard is the fly-in transition on Flammie? They're killing me here. :negative:

On the other hand Zable Fahr looks rad as gently caress.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also the worst part about this is I have no idea what system I wanna buy this for, PC or Switch. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Put an hour into the demo and good lord this feels so fun already. Even just the basic addition of combat rolling away from attacks feels great, to say nothing of everything else.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I think my first ever playthrough was Angela, Reisz, Kevin, and I think that's what I'm gonna do this time too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ChrisBTY posted:

Some combination of Kevin, Riese, Hawk and Charlie. Is Kevin/Riese/Hawk the 'you're SOL on healing' team?

Poto Oils exist, so no. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The trophy list is out, looks like you have to beat the game six times to get platinum lol yeah right

On the one hand I'm so glad I don't give a poo poo about achievement hunting.

On the other hand, I say that like I wouldn't play it minimum six times anyways.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Gyoru posted:

riesz has permanent party stat buffs (starlancer's passive in this game makes her buffs last until the end an encounter or until dispelled/overwritten)

I'm sorry it does WHAT? :catstare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I am quite pleased with how much the bosses are kicking my rear end on Hard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zenithe posted:

"wow, these golems sure are hard"

*gets 3 levels up afterwards *

lol, maybe a bit underleveled?

Were you also level 7? Because yeah I got manhandled by them and shot up three levels after. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

All the concerns about difficulty based on the demo seem completely overblown. The game has had its boot on my throat since the Machine Golem boss on the bridge and hasn't let up since. That room in Valsena with five loving machine golems can eat my entire taint. But also,

Mega64 posted:

Game owns

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zenithe posted:

Could Bil(l) and Ben always do that?

Remove your spleen with a rusty trowel on demand? Yeah.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been playing with Character Voices muted because I really don't like the voice acting but dig the game a lot otherwise! This makes cutscenes awkward because pressing x doesn't just progress past the current line of dialog, it progresses all the way to the next one, so I end up skipping over a lot of parts of cutscenes and having to figure out what happened afterward, and presumably leading to more issues like this where skipping dialog in a cutscene could make something else fail to load

Set the text speed to instant and that fixes the issue with regards to missing bits of dialogue.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Good god Bil and Ben was a nightmare. Authentic to source material. :iia:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Getting the no damage taken XP boost on Bil and Ben 2 was such a good feeling, holy poo poo. :iia:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Harrow posted:

Now that the game's out: for people playing on Hard, how much of a pain is it to deal with having no healing spells? Really leaning towards a Hawkeye, Riesz, Angela playthrough.

Like it is "you'll barely notice because items are plentiful" level, or "you'll have to go out of your way to get extra healing items and you'll definitely notice" level?

I've been playing Angela/Riesz/Kevin and I've been feeling it. On the other hand, nothing has been frustratingly hard, just "you better play well or else" and I could probably micro-manage Kevin and Riesz more to save on grails and poo poo.

I also haven't been back to Beisel yet to get more Poto Oil. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I got the fourth elemental last night, would I be correct to assume that collecting all 8 marks roughly the halfway point of the story?

Ish? I'd probably say something like 40/40/20 for the element hunt, what occurs after that, and then the finale, at least basing off of the original SNES version.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Selane posted:

-Riesz with her ghost parents chain abililty that restores 5% hp/mp for the whole party after each fight, plus the alchemy one thats 5 mp every 5 seconds

I have Angela and am Very Interested in these.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dackel posted:

secret boss Black rabite is your friend, he gives you chain ability that drops in battle MP costs to..... 0

:aaaaa:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Just give me a Star Lancer promotion item, game! :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo, Lucent Beam Plus. :catstare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy loving poo poo Angela completely disintegrated the final boss on her story path. Bosses with multiple hit boxes are very allergic to Lucent Beam Plus, I guess!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I got extremely lucky and pulled the classes I wanted for Reize and Hawkeye in my first two seeds.

I then proceeded to get nothing but more classes for them while poor Kevin languished for ages.

I had a similar outcome. First pull was Grand Diviner Angela, then the wrong Riesz one (I wanted Star Lancer), the other Angela one, a dupe of the wrong Riesz one, a dupe of the Grand Diviner one, and then finally the Star Lancer one.

Kevin was in class 2 while I was liquifying Zable Fahr with lasers. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

Did they change/nerf Poto Oil?

If anything it's even stronger now, especially once you get into the late/postgame. I've got Angela throwing them for upwards of 600 healing a person into a ~1200 HP health pool.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I’m sick of grinding for seeds dammit, I just want to make sure all my guys are geared their best before fighting Anise
At this rate it won’t matter though since I’m leveling up like crazy

Anise is scaled based on your level anyways.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rand Brittain posted:

Incidentally, one thing about the story's intense faithfulness to the original is that Kevin's dad gets away with a lot of heinous poo poo.

On the upside, in the postgame you get to exact some sort of cathartic revenge by beating his loving rear end for the Class 4 unlock item.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sapozhnik posted:

What's a good set of classes for an Angela, Duran, Kevin team?

Me personally, I'd go L/L, L/D, D/D.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

New game plus spoilers:

gently caress a difficulty curve

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

sigher posted:

So do you have to go through the game 6 times for each other the characters as your main for those "Complete X's Story" achievements?

Nah, I got all three of the ones I took through my first playthrough so you can get those done in two.

You still need three runs through to get Dragonlord/Dark Lich/Archdemon though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

orcane posted:

thanks to the 300% XP bonus trait :v:

That poo poo is hilarious, by the way. It can also stack with the Lil Cactus XP boosters. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Legend of Dragoon

I would literally shank someone for a Trials of Mana-caliber remake of Legend of Dragoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Physical damage dealers can also benefit from that, though. It's really noticeable with stuff like Riesz's level 1 CS, etc.