Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So it's a broadsword with one extra space in front of it?

No it's a long L shape. More of a spear with an extra square on the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
It is kinda weird that, aside from weapon enchants, you only need to spend like a dozen diamonds. The game is insanely generous with currency and then it's pretty useless.

Even if you're super careless and just chug potions you're still just swimming in rupees.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

nrook posted:

Am I the only one who prefers the dagger? Whenever I have another weapon, I regularly blunder away health because I don't realize I'm going to attack when I do.

Yes yes you are. Maybe the broadsword and flail are easy to gently caress up and lunging with the rapier can land you in trouble.

But spear? Spear is life dude. It's dagger but you don't have to be next to a baddie. There's no accidents because it's just straight ahead. It's safe and wonderful and wins you the game.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

No Wave posted:

It was number one most downloaded: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/cadence_of_hyrule_was_the_most_downloaded_game_on_switch_last_week_in_japan

To be honest? Cadence was a sweet idea with great graphics and the zelda sprites are hilarious (especially the way she flips from super serious on the normal screen to ecstatic when she gets an item) but jeez once you play necrodancer it's hard to go back. It got me into Necrodancer so I like the game, but Necrodancer is just all of Cadence's weird systems implemented in a way that makes perfect sense.

But Necrodancer has a horrendously painful learning curve and playing cadence really helps with it. So I hope it gets more players interested!

EDIT: after 20 hours i just got the deep blues pun.

They're can both be good! Necrodancer was a roguelike through and through. Brutally hard, limited resources, you know when you die it's your own fault for not being better. Cadence is a fun zelda romp with rhythm-turn based mechanics. It's got the shell of a roguelike without the punishing nature. A fun adventure that takes the zelda formula and plugs it into a brand new equation. I think it has potential to be a lot more but I'm very happy with the product and what I paid for it.

In fact, I think Cadence really nailed the feeling of every zelda game. The first section, where you're a three-heart junksword chump with no special powers is brutal and scary. You rack up a few hearts and get a better weapon and you're pretty much out of danger and you just have fun with the rest of the game.

It's a zelda game in a Necrodancer suit, not the other way around.