Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

E2M2 posted:

There gonna be a physical release?

Probably not until one of the small-press companies do one, possibly as a combo pack. Certainly not tomorrow.

American McGay posted:

I'm most curious for how much it's gonna feel like a Nintendo game or not. From all the trailers it really just looks like a reskin of Crypt but Crypt is also pretty rough around the edges with how it handles menus and stuff. Hopefully Nintendo went all in with lending a hand and giving it that particular amount of polish. Also hoping for a ton of Zelda lore elements.

Regardless of how deep or different it actually is, the graphics are insanely gorgeous and the music will be incredibly hype. I can't wait.

As you've already noticed, the graphics have been improved significantly. I take that as a sign of Nintendo stepping in and help smoothing over the rough edges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Reveilled posted:

It doesn't look like completing the game unlocks anything, so the three modes that are available at the start of the game, story, single-character and daily challenge are the lot. Also no additional characters so far as I can tell, just Cadence/Link/Zelda.

Huh. Any unlockables in general, then? I liked the system Necrodancer had.

Also 'sides turning permadeath on are there any ways to increase the difficulty?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Evil Eagle posted:

It distracted me too and I eventually came back with the feather to get it for no reason

Glad I wasn't the only one stymied for a long time by that puzzle.

Eventually figured out a solution, but the solution I came to took advantage of the fact that I was playing two-player.