Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yo it's the 13th why isn't this out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The two damage spear seems hilariously overpowered, I'm running around with 70-something diamonds and over 1000 rupees and nothing can touch me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I beat Cadence. It was fun, absolutely not worth $25 though. $15 would be more fair for the amount of content imo, I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known how short it is.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Takoluka posted:

How many seeds did you do?

One, and that's enough for me. I feel I saw everything it had to offer and I don't really care to play through it again.

It's also incredibly easy. Once you get a spear (or any weapon with a range greater than 1) that's pretty much game over.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Perhaps this was a failure in marketing, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Crypt of the Necrodancer game that they only intended to play once.

I guess my main problem is how easy it is to beat.

I had (am having, only got it a few days ago) a lot of fun with Crypt because of how brutal it is and I'm still yet to beat Zone 4. I have hundreds of hours in roguelites like Gungeon and FTL because I love how hard it is to complete a run in those and that drives me to keep playing.

There's no real urge for me to play Cadence again now I've beat it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah, I kind of feel like there should be some middle ground between the default difficulty and permadeath. The way it is now, I'm dying quite a bit but there aren't really consequences for that, so I'm just kind of beating my head against each screen until I finish it. I guess I lose my rupees and consumable items but rupees seem to only buy consumable items, and I always get a shovel and torch from the first 3-4 enemies I kill after respawning anyway. The boots and rings don't seem to dramatically impact my play enough to be a real loss.

The game is fun, but feels kind of "weightless", if that makes sense.

Yeah the rings & boots & torches didn't really make a blind bit of difference to how I was playing and a lot of the time I didn't even notice if I didn't have any equipped. A lot of the unlockable items seemed pointless too: Rito feather, the deku leaf, fire and ice rods in particular. Also the flippers which I didn't get until after I beat the game.

Playable characters chat:

Who is the 5th pc? I have Link, Zelda, Cadence and Deku scrub and there appears to be one more slot to fill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Is there a full list of the unique weapons anywhere? I'm curious to see if I missed anything and if the Master Sword is in the game at all.