Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Well, knowing there's daily runs and secrets to find makes me feel better about this, beating it in 4 hours and not knowing about dailies I could do made me feel like it wasn't quite worth the 30 I spent at first.

Speaking of secrets Anyone figure out how to wake the zora prince yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

That's, uh, kind of a bummer to hear it's so short? I'd rather not read the spoilers but is the stuff you're talking about like little piece-of-heart type secrets or something that adds real replayability?

Compared to necrodancer the game gets balls easy about 30 mins to a hour simply due to how much control you have over what you bring into fights as well as multiple use items at a time, not to mention no permadeath and legend of zelda levels of hp. That being said it does have custom game options like seeds, permadeath and doubletime and those will probably be your source of replayability if you like a challenge. Also daily runs, I guess, but I can't find the option.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Yeah im confused too I've only found 12 in total and while i have all the map charms i cant find anymore on the map.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 14, 2019

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Also you later get a improved defensive ability, so while link gets to attack through their shield, zelda gets to hold her barrier for more than a beat.

Usually I'm not for playing games with permadeath but after beating this the first time I probably will simply because it sounds fun and the game really feels like it was designed with that in mind.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 14, 2019

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

See, that's why I'm going to try playing with permadeath, losing nothing when dying takes all the challenge out of the game.

That being said, I accidentally deleted my save so I have to replay the whole game to unlock something I heard about but I'm not that miffed about it because its a fun but short game.

Zoig fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 14, 2019

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ok so I feel totally lost in this game. Once you pick your character, what the gently caress do I do? I just feel like I'm wandering aimlessly. I haven't found any dungeons yet. I know the maps are random, so you can't tell me exactly what to do, but which dungeon should I hit first? Where is it generally located, like what area.

I'll take any nudge in the right direction.

If you find a house with a big eye on it you can get your fortune told by the old lady inside and she will mark a dungeon on the map for you. However, if you want items just look around for purple chests, or blue ones if you are looking for a weapon.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I really wish they had put more uses for diamonds in the game, a dedicated restocking weapon shop would have done wonders, especially when you only really find a ton of worthless feeling glass. The fact that you can have up to 3 full heals that prevent death and a lot of hp makes it feel extra eh.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

You could go back and forth, they share base mechanics but differ wildly. One is a roguelike dungeon crawler meant for quick runs, the other is a randomized short zelda game thats also a rhythm game.

In fact, in terms of difficulty, if you wanted a curve cadance is way easier, even including permadeath because it has some really nasty characters you can play as, and its expected of you to try to beat the game playing a character that dies in one hit, can only use a dagger, and will instantly die if you miss a beat.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

They are better in regular combat but worse for bosses unless you do them perfectly, usually, and at that point why not use a glass weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Also rather than a spin cadance gets a 2x3 shovel attack in front of them.