Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Permadeath mode seems to have a higher base level of difficulty than regular, or maybe it's the difference between story and single-character. The shops are twice as expensive and late-game palette swaps were spawning right from the start. Getting a palette-swapped Lynel in the first screen right of Link's house was a bit of an eye-opener.

I beat the regular game with four total deaths but I've died at least ten times without even finding a single weapon or completing a heart container. It's tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I got a Permadeath win! :toot:

2 hours and 17 minutes, 4th best out of 8 in the world who have completed it as Cadence.

A lot like the regular game, once you get a titanium weapon and a couple bottles you're *mostly* set, but I still came pretty close to losing several times.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jun 14, 2019

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Deviant posted:

afaik no one knows how to get to those stairs above the royal rapier yet.

If you have the flippers, there's a secret door in the moat outside of the castle on the north side that leads there. It goes to a free infusion.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

No Wave posted:

Permadeath seems kind of trivial if bottles are still in the game. I am not a good player and all 9 of my deaths occurred before finding one of the witches.

Just having bottles turned off in permadeath mode would make leaderboards etc much more interesting.

I agree with this. On my permadeath attempts, the run where I got my first potion is also the run where I won. It's not really that hard to do, either -- you can buy a bottle from the zora hut and a potion from a witch for a total of 320 rupees, which isn't much.

Maybe if the potions doubled in cost every time you bought it and if fairies couldn't be bottled, it might be more reasonable.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
They spawn the octopus ghosts that function like the ghosts that would randomly spawn in Necrodancer.