Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Holy loving poo poo where the hell is the ice rod and last two heart pieces?

I've checked all the dungeons/shops, there aren't any chests left on my over-map, and this is driving me up the goddamn wall.

my map and inv here:
https://imgur.com/a/4cNv8oA

Is it possible to just not get certain items? If i'm banging my head on stuff I just can't get, then i'm gonna be mad.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

also my buddy got this fuckin setup which we're pretty sure is impossible

Spoiler:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Jothan posted:

Sometimes minibosses hold items. Look for the skulls on your map I think. Also the bombchu and bow/arrow games.

I have murdered every miniboss on the map repeatedly. The ones you see on my map have respawned. And I cleared both bomchu/arrow until they gave me 50 rupees instead of items.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Items that are inside the dungeons won't show up on the overworld map, so maybe double check those if you really want to. That said, I drove myself up the wall for hours looking a few missing things and it seems like it's possible that not every seed ends up with 100% of the items.

I was afraid of this. See my above picture of my buddy's impossible-to-get heart piece.

Bogart posted:

Look for sneaky bombable walls?

The cave charm should show me those, yes? I don't see any on my map. (Posted link above)

I'll go through tile by tile if i need to, but I don't want to do that.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 16, 2019

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The World Inferno posted:

Anyone figured out what the overworld keys are for yet? Lost the first few from dying, haven't seen a use for them yet :/

dungeon chests and doors

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The World Inferno posted:

There's keys in the dungeons tho, so they're just redundant?

You lose them when you die, so extras doesn't hurt to have.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Zet posted:

Made it to the castle and I'm not sure if I soft-locked the game?

I have hover boots so I floated and opened the Royal Rapier chest. But after that I couldn't figure out what to do so I warped back to the start of the dungeon. Now I realize you could destroy the projectile-shooting statues -- was there a trigger that would've let me get to the chest and/or a trigger that flipped a switch so I can get to the Link side of the castle? I destroyed the statues afterwards and nothing triggered

I'm hoping I missed something super obvious :|

afaik no one knows how to get to those stairs above the royal rapier yet.

also the opening room has multiple switches so you shouldnt be locked out of either side. they had to design it such that it worked for either character.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Okay, I just ran into a similar setup and discovered that the Power Glove is capable of throwing pushblocks up to areas higher than your current elevation. I suspect that it'd also be possible to lure an enemy up there and Rito Feather off their head.

edit: oh i see. well, i'll pass it along.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 16, 2019

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Well, that solved his problem. I'm still confused as gently caress as to where my two pieces of heart and Ice Rod are though. I'm gonna have to check every map panel for bombable caves and tingle secrets.

it'd probably take less fuckin time to replay the drat game with a different random seed.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 16, 2019

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Your Computer posted:

hasn't been confirmed yet but it might be that some maps generate without 100% of the items and heart pieces, fwiw

which would be stupid and frustrating, but shrug whatever.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Frankston posted:

Is there a full list of the unique weapons anywhere? I'm curious to see if I missed anything and if the Master Sword is in the game at all.

it isn't as far as anyone knows

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Not a Children posted:

You have to game it a bit. Stick to easy tiles until you've acquired some extra hearts and/or bottles and a decent weapon -- you definitely can't fling yourself at the wall and hope it goes ok with 3 hearts.

once you have the lute you can also go back to link's house to heal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

are there any randomized seeds that don't contain a basic weapon type?

ie can you find a no spears map?