Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

This game is incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Zoig posted:

Well, knowing there's daily runs and secrets to find makes me feel better about this, beating it in 4 hours and not knowing about dailies I could do made me feel like it wasn't quite worth the 30 I spent at first.

Speaking of secrets Anyone figure out how to wake the zora prince yet?

You can bomb the fish ghosts, and it'll spawn another enemy you have to kill.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Same here, though I'm still going through my run. How do you make the jump actually jump in a useful way? Do you have to charge it or something?

This item didn't work at all like I figured it was supposed to (and really like everyone would've assumed).

Instead of it being like the Roc's Feather, it doesn't give you a jump. It's a "dodge". So you just use it to dodge an attack.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Finished my first permadeath run and this is a mode I can see myself doing quite a few playthroughs with.

Once you get to the point where you have the witch hut access and bottles the tension does disappear, but I still came extremely close to loving up multiple times.

My biggest hopes for what to add in the future:

- Something to make rupees useful. Why are rupees so pointless?
- Go full Binding of Isaac and add a million unlockable items you can get with diamonds. Even if they're bad, gotta keep that hamster wheel turning. Cursed chests and stuff would be a great idea. Open the chest and lose 4 heart containers but gain some other effect or something
- More weapon variety