Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This game is great but it also makes me want to go back and play more Necrodancer. I could never make it past like the second boss in that game. Fortunately Nintendo selling it for $4 right now pretty much makes this a no brainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm replaying Necrodancer now after buying it again on switch for $4 and man, there are some real bad soundtracks in there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Unlucky7 posted:

Speaking of Necrodancer, I got it on sale for switch and should I go through that before getting Cadence, or are they different enough that I could go back and forth if I wanted to?

EDIT: Also I am smashing my head on Zone 2

If you're one of those people bummed that there's not enough replayability in Cadence, pick up Necrodancer. They're both great for different reasons and complement each other pretty well imo. With it on sale right now, getting both for ~$30 is a pretty good deal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nate RFB posted:

I think I have an OK-ish grasp on the normal gameplay/movement/combat, but woof do I not know how to actually use the bow. Someone in the chat thread mentioned that it's "hold on beat, release on next beat" but I swear I tried for a good 20 minutes trying to do nothing but that and every time I pull back it hits me with a "missed the beat".

Shooting the bow takes two full beats. Try counting the beats out loud, it really does help.

One two three four
One two three four
One two hold release
One two hold release
Move move hold release
Move hold release move
Hold release move move

Keep in mind you do not have to move for those two beats that you're shooting to keep your multiplier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nate RFB posted:

Did Necrodancer have a ranged weapon like the bow that functions the same way? Every part of my instinct/brain is screaming out that "this should just fire with a single button press" and it's hard for me to associate a button release (compared to the normal button presses) with the beat. Saying it out loud will probably help though, yeah.

Kinda, the dagger requires you to hit a button and then push the direction to throw. It's a little different but still two inputs that have to be on beat to throw. For some reason I gently caress up the dagger throw in CotN more than the bow here. The bow was second nature to me from the start but I constantly forget how to throw daggers.