Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nep-Nep posted:

Treehouse is steaming CoH while we all f5 the Check button, seems there's something called "fixed beat" mode to make it more accessible for players having trouble with the timing. Not sure what it does.

It fixes the game so you can beat it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HenryEx posted:

please don't beat it to cadence or hyrule

I'll beat it to whatever I want but I won't post about it here because this is a family thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

You think Nintendo will start to catch on?
Like, “Weird, whenever we let other people work on the Zelda series they always seem to want to make Zelda playable.” :thunk:

The treehouse guys were like This Rarely Happens And It's Good When It Does so at least NoA is aware

When Cadence sells 999999 copies in the first day, they might take notice too

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

I hope the prime takeaway is "we should farm out more of our IPs to high-quality indie studios" because getting people like Heart Machine or Supermassive into this would be incredible.

Maybe when Team Cherry is all done with Silksong they could make a 2D metroid game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Beat the game playing as Zelda only. Found every item except one bottle.

I got the one at the beach and the one in the grasslands and all I can find online is that one is in the cliffs but I scoured that area and can't find poo poo

Game Good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BattleMaster posted:

It's random so no one can tell you where to find it, RIP

Are you sure? I've played multiple runs and the other two were basically in the same place

For example, each time one has been in the beach house where the manta ray sells the snorkel

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

It feels like some stuff is heavily weighted to be in the same place but still not guaranteed. I've seen lots of people say that you get the flippers from the Zora Prince as if it were a certainty, but I didn't have that happen until my third run.

Huh, yeah that's the only place I've seen them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hmm I thought the feather only let you jump straight up

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
On a new run I found the third bottle in the swamp region so either it was always bullshit about it being in the cliffs or they do, in fact, wander far and wide.

The one has always been on the beach so far with the manta ray guy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I started a random seed run with Yves and holy poo poo one loving heart and minibosses all around me. Chests containing like a bomb or something. I haven't found a single heart piece or anything I can actually use.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Personally I think obsidian broadsword is the way to go. I only switch back to dagger/shortsword to make it easier to deal with getting behind Iron Knuckles then I immediately switch back.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What's the deal with the purple octodudes you can summon by using the monster buttons in the dungeons? Is this just meant to be a 'trap' to avoid or are they for something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

American McGay posted:

I never actually figured out what those buttons did. They didn't appear to be spawning anything but then again I wasn't looking too closely.

They seem to usually come in pairs. I spawned a block on one and stood on the other and after these purple things kept spawning. Seemed ... odd