Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The trailer yesterday said "fight to the beat as Cadence, and play as Link and Zelda," and showed all three as playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That's, uh, kind of a bummer to hear it's so short? I'd rather not read the spoilers but is the stuff you're talking about like little piece-of-heart type secrets or something that adds real replayability?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Do you unlock the other character as you play through, or is the choice at the beginning basically "who are you for this run?"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zoig posted:

See, that's why I'm going to try playing with permadeath, losing nothing when dying takes all the challenge out of the game.

That being said, I accidentally deleted my save so I have to replay the whole game to unlock something I heard about but I'm not that miffed about it because its a fun but short game.

Yeah, I kind of feel like there should be some middle ground between the default difficulty and permadeath. The way it is now, I'm dying quite a bit but there aren't really consequences for that, so I'm just kind of beating my head against each screen until I finish it. I guess I lose my rupees and consumable items but rupees seem to only buy consumable items, and I always get a shovel and torch from the first 3-4 enemies I kill after respawning anyway. The boots and rings don't seem to dramatically impact my play enough to be a real loss.

The game is fun, but feels kind of "weightless", if that makes sense.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

BattleMaster posted:

The spear trivializes a lot of enemies; I got it early on in my first run and didn't have to learn how to fight a lot of monsters properly. I had to learn really quickly on subsequent runs where I didn't get the spear so easily :v:

Yeah, I don't begrudge anyone for loving the spear, but after using it for a bit I switched off because it just trivializes at least half of the enemies. Instead of moving with their patterns you just poke poke poke anything that comes near you