Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Of Zelda and Link, which will you main?
Zelda
Link
View Results

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Permadeath seems kind of trivial if bottles are still in the game. I am not a good player and all 9 of my deaths occurred before finding one of the witches.

Just having bottles turned off in permadeath mode would make leaderboards etc much more interesting.

Either way, very fun and cool game, still need to figure out exactly how I'm going to replay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The game seems designed for you to die after a certain point (so your rupees reset), but the witch is so op. Potion cost scaling then resetting between deaths seems like the only solution I can think of.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Beating this game finally made me pick up CotN after putting it off for so long and uh... turns out I like CotN a whole lot more. Guess that worked out well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

CoH isn't long enough to get good at using the more finicky weapons like the flail. Necrodancer forces you to learn them and you find out every weapon is great compared to the dagger, but I definitely stuck to obsidian/titanium spear until I found the royal rapier.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I forget how many of these were in CoH but it can really screw you up with guys that can block. Zone 4 of necrodancer has a few enemies that are so dang annoying with the flail.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ok I'm 13 hours into necrodancer and I finally beat baby all zones mode (Nocturna).

I've beaten individual 1-5 with Cadence and individual 1-5 with Melody and I'm so far off with being competent enough to Aria anything. I guess the next thing to do is play some of the other characters first? Kind of a bummer the story goes straight from melody to aria. Necrodancer's gameplay is absolutely phenomenal, it's a shame 80% of people who finish zone 1 dont end up finishing zone 4.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It was number one most downloaded: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/cadence_of_hyrule_was_the_most_downloaded_game_on_switch_last_week_in_japan

To be honest? Cadence was a sweet idea with great graphics and the zelda sprites are hilarious (especially the way she flips from super serious on the normal screen to ecstatic when she gets an item) but jeez once you play necrodancer it's hard to go back. It got me into Necrodancer so I like the game, but Necrodancer is just all of Cadence's weird systems implemented in a way that makes perfect sense.

But Necrodancer has a horrendously painful learning curve and playing cadence really helps with it. So I hope it gets more players interested!

EDIT: after 20 hours i just got the deep blues pun.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 3, 2019