Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Doggles posted:

Similar to Press Your Luck's transition from season 1 to 2, Card Sharks made the same kind of improvement.

What did PYL change from season 1 to 2? (I've enjoyed both seasons immensely.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Context
Sep 11, 2006

This is all awesome, thanks for the rundown. I hadn't consciously noticed any of those things, but it makes sense! I think it's the same in both seasons, but I do like how the board sound in the bonus game has a lot more bass or something than in the main round.

I need to check out Card Sharks too, if it's better. I couldn't get into the first season. And your work looks great! I would have no idea how to begin constructing something like that.

Context
Sep 11, 2006
I want to enjoy Name That Tune but the editing is so bad it keeps taking me out of it. Full sentences obviously ADRed over top of clearly artificial audience reactions...am I the only one driven up the wall by this?

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Island Nation posted:

Same but with Press Your Luck, I loved the 80s version but making it a hour with half of it a tedious and unessential bonus out of the NBC playbook killed my interest.

Name That Tune seemed more interested in being flashy than good.

I feel like I should hate that PYL bonus round, but something about the way their bank oscillates wildly between 6-digits and $0 lights up the game theory parts of my brain. I think the personalized prizes are a neat idea too.

Conversely, I hate that Name That Tune's point structure is so weighted toward the end that only the last question (or maybe 2) ever matters. I like Beat Shazam a lot more.